Why

Why do the hatch offerings exist with keys as if keys weren’t op before I’ve just had all 4 people get through hatch and there’s is nothing humanly possible that I can do to stop it, it makes me wanna uninstall honestly

Comments

  • Dodge key lobbies, bring franklins or tunnel to death the key person. Especially after brought the hatch spawn offering.

    Your mistake.

  • @gamblor6 said:

    Why do the hatch offerings exist with keys as if keys weren’t op before I’ve just had all 4 people get through hatch and there’s is nothing humanly possible that I can do to stop it, it makes me wanna uninstall honestly

    In fairness, if all 4 survivors escaped through the hatch it means they completed all the gens anyways. Is having them leave through a hole in the ground demonstrably worse than having them leave through the exit gates?

  • @xenofon13 said:

    Dodge key lobbies, bring franklins or tunnel to death the key person. Especially after brought the hatch spawn offering.

    Your mistake.

    I mean yeah I could’ve but I’m playing blight and just want any chance to play him cos he’s fun af and just seeing that people are sweating and bringing this stuff when barely anyone knows how to play him is disappointing

  • @TheWarNung said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/191731/why

    In fairness, if all 4 survivors escaped through the hatch it means they completed all the gens anyways. Is having them leave through a hole in the ground demonstrably worse than having them leave through the exit gates?

    They did 4 gens on ormond when I have little to no perks, and the guy that brought them thought it was perfectly reasonable to bring them and then tell me to play better when I don’t know how to use blight power properly

  • @TheWarNung said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/191731/why

    In fairness, if all 4 survivors escaped through the hatch it means they completed all the gens anyways. Is having them leave through a hole in the ground demonstrably worse than having them leave through the exit gates?

    And yes it is worse because at least I can stop the doors being worked on but for the hatch all it takes is to press a button then all four are out without me being able to stop them

  • @gamblor6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620822#Comment_1620822

    They did 4 gens on ormond when I have little to no perks, and the guy that brought them thought it was perfectly reasonable to bring them and then tell me to play better when I don’t know how to use blight power properly

    Sounds unlucky to have gotten Ormond, a hatch offering, a key, and have been playing Blight before you were used to him.

    Regardless, having all five gens done only skips the exit gate opening part. That's the only way 4 people would have escaped out of the hatch together- you already were at the point that most people would have considered an almost sure loss (unless you had Remember Me/Blood Warden/NOED/etc)

    Sorry if they were rude to you, but I personally wouldn't really take it to heart.

  • You know where the hatch will spawn too though. If someone comes in with a key target them. Use Franklin's. Tunnel if you feel inclined to do so.

    There are things you can do, and the fact that the offering isn't hidden means you can adjust if you feel it necessary.

  • @gamblor6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620800#Comment_1620800

    I mean yeah I could’ve but I’m playing blight and just want any chance to play him cos he’s fun af and just seeing that people are sweating and bringing this stuff when barely anyone knows how to play him is disappointing

    That's unlucky but you had the options.

    Plus they completed all the gens. Nothing to do about that.

    Maybe they wanted the 4 man hatch escape achievement, who knows.

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620831#Comment_1620831

    Sounds unlucky to have gotten Ormond, a hatch offering, a key, and have been playing Blight before you were used to him.

    Regardless, having all five gens done only skips the exit gate opening part. That's the only way 4 people would have escaped out of the hatch together- you already were at the point that most people would have considered an almost sure loss (unless you had Remember Me/Blood Warden/NOED/etc)

    Sorry if they were rude to you, but I personally wouldn't really take it to heart.

    They still had 1 gen to do and I had the best 3 gen I’ve ever seen

  • @gamblor6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620844#Comment_1620844

    They still had 1 gen to do and I had the best 3 gen I’ve ever seen

    No, if there 4 survivors alive, they have to do all the gens before using the key.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    You know where the hatch will spawn too though. If someone comes in with a key target them. Use Franklin's. Tunnel if you feel inclined to do so.

    There are things you can do, and the fact that the offering isn't hidden means you can adjust if you feel it necessary.

    1. i don’t have Franklin’s on blight
    2. tunneling isn’t fun imo and I wanted to have fun
    3. the offering only tells me where there gonna get out cos if I camp hatch they’re just gonna do gens but if I go for gens they’re gonna go for hatch
  • @gamblor6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620844#Comment_1620844

    They still had 1 gen to do and I had the best 3 gen I’ve ever seen

    Then only three people escaped, not four. In that case it definitely sucks more for you, since they did skip more of the game than if it had been a four man escape.