[Story thread] The dumbest escape I've ever seen

I was up against a Freddy with a Memento Mori (Cypress, as it turned out, but we thought it was either Ivory or Ebony, so we played with that in mind - carefully). The game progressed pretty much like you'd expect, with survivors getting hooked due to dumb mistakes. I myself was nearly caught in the basement after someone was downed above it, but managed to time my climb into a locker well enough that Freddy never heard it.

The ending was just the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I unhooked a Claudette and took a hit for her - again, fearing the Mori, because I hadn't been hooked. The killer couldn't hook me due to a bug, which was fortunate for me. NOED came into play, but my SWF teammate was already cleansing the totem that it got attached to, so that was lucky as well.

Dwight was opening one of the exits and I made a beeline for it, but my SWF teammate was being chased by Freddy, who immediately saw me and switched targets. Since NOED had been taken care of and he was healthy, he blocked Freddy and tried to take a hit. Here's where it gets stupid.

Dwight decided to 99% the gate - Entity knows why, since we were clearly being chased to it - so my friend was stuck between Freddy and me, to take a hit on my behalf. Dwight goes back to opening the gate, Freddy swings and misses, despite being at point-blank range. Once the gate is open my friend takes an actual hit and we all escape.

Comments