Does this count as taking the game hostage?
Just Played a round and a pyramid head downed everyone then just waited until everyone died. Didn’t put anyone on hooks just walked around and waited.
Just Played a round and a pyramid head downed everyone then just waited until everyone died. Didn’t put anyone on hooks just walked around and waited.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
No.
As long as the match can end without somebody DCing even if the killer/survivors refuse doing anything it does not count as holding match hostage.
So if killer bodyblocks 1 survivor in corner and goes afk while other survivors are free it is not holding game hostage since survivors can do gens, trigger EGC and force end match.
but if killer bodyblocks the ONLY survivor in the trial in corner and goes afk while EGC is not triggered, then killer is holding match hostage because there is no way to end the match if killer remains afk
Okay. Just kind of a dick move then. Thanks.
Counts as being an #########!
Taking the game hostage? No
Scumbag move? Yeah
Why take all that time for the game to end? Take your W and move on. This is coming from a killer main.
I would possibly consider it taking the game hostage if I was one of the surviviors - it's a scummy move and you're forced to sit and wait or dc to get out of there. If nothing else, I'd report it as idling/not taking part in the game.
While in DBD culture that is considered a "dick move", it isn't holding the game hostage since the game will end at some point or another
Sadly no that's not taking the game hostage. A game I had that felt like it was being taken hostage was a time I was stuck in a glitch behind a corner hook, I couldn't get out I couldn't be grabbed, I couldn't crawl out. but I could be hit. and healed. however instead of just leaving me alone ( would have died if a door was open The killer spent all their time trying to grab me and charge me and hit me. and eventually just watched me bleed out.
I'd rather have been grabbed by the entity then bleed out. Would have been cooler faster and given the killer more points. However that doesn't really count a holding the game hostage even if it feels like it