Is vigil bugged? Or is there an exploit?

So I was playing, following this survivor, he used SB, so I was like ok, then all he was doing was running, not a single time he walked, then randomly started using SB again.

At endgame, I was following him because he was the closest, uses SB ok he got rid of the exhaustion then he used it again and I started to get suspicious about him, then after he finished using it, again he ran away with it.

His build was SB, Vigil, DS and bond.

He had the globe icon so I couldn't check his profile.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Running pauses exhaustion timers.

    If you use Sprint Burst at the start of the match, or when you're not in any danger, you can let that Exhaustion tick down to about 1s left.

    If you start holding Sprint while at 1s left of Exhaustion, you pause the timer.

    If you let go of Sprint and wait out however little time is left for the Sprint Burst Exhaustion timer expire, you get Sprint Burst essentially on-demand.

    It's referred to as 99'ing Sprint Burst. (99% of the Exhaustion timer is gone until you have Sprint Burst up again).

    Yeah I know, but he never had the chance to 99%, he used it when he wanted to not 99%.

    How can I explain..... Like he was running he never walked, he used it twice while running back to back, one to get to a pallet then again to leave the area, I usually insta break ballets unless it's an unsafe one.

  • Was he using a key with aura read or a map? I remember that being an old sprint burst exploit is it perhaps back?

  • That is why I asked, I don't have vigil unlocked to try it and my quentin doesn't have any exhaustion perks.

    @humanbeing1704 said:

    Was he using a key with aura read or a map? I remember that being an old sprint burst exploit is it perhaps back?

    Med kit (4th year anniversary) with red syringe, and hopefully that isn't back.

  • Geez... it’s always a Quentin perk that randomly pops up with an exploit every now and again 🤣

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Geez... it’s always a Quentin perk that randomly pops up with an exploit every now and again 🤣

    His perks are extremely rare lol so no one really knows if they are bugged.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1617597#Comment_1617597

    His perks are extremely rare lol so no one really knows if they are bugged.

    I know it’s not confirmed yet, but there’s been bugs/exploits with Vigil & Wake Up in the past. Can’t recall the same for Pharmacy but it wouldn’t surprise me.

  • That was quite possibly a hacker. I haven't heard of any bugs that revert exhaustion to its old state.