As for the bloodpoint cap not being increased...

As the devs have stated in their stream (I haven't watched it yet only seen through comments) the bloodpoint cap isn't being increased.

This is to act as incentive to spend your bloodpoints on new items, add-ons etc and to stop people power leveling killers/survivors as soon as they come out (also acting as helpful info to notice hackers.)

So why not actually *decrease* it?

Here me out. Decreasing it, but increasing the total amount of bloodpoints generated per game, and increasing the cap within the game. People get bloodpoints faster, but can't stockpile them up they have to religiously spend them.

Ie say the bloodpoint cap was locked at 500,000 or 750,000. But you gained 64,000 bp max per trial, and actions were made to be either 1.5 or doubled in points

Comments

  • No thank you, I don't feel like having to hold up my SWF after every match to dump points into my Killers because you can hit the cap after one or two good games.

    One million is fine.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    No thank you, I don't feel like having to hold up my SWF after every match to dump points into my Killers because you can hit the cap after one or two good games.

    One million is fine.

    500,000 bp, even with streamers/cakes/puddings would still be reached in about 3-4 matches. If not using bp offerings/perks it would be reached in double that to a bit under half depending on how well you do.

    It's also why I proposed the 750,000 limit as well.

  • @Maelstrom10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1617024#Comment_1617024

    500,000 bp, even with streamers/cakes/puddings would still be reached in about 3-4 matches. If not using bp offerings/perks it would be reached in double that to a bit under half depending on how well you do.

    It's also why I proposed the 750,000 limit as well.

    Alright, but why change it in the first place? That's still forcing people to spend more time dumping them then necessary, especially so if you have to swap roles to do it so you can't even search for a match in the meantime.

    I don't see any positives to such a change.

  • Anything to reduce the grind is fine by me.