Fun new ability for Freddy
To start off, Freddy's current powers stay as they are, this idea is in addition to that.
Whenever Freddy puts someone to sleep, Dream Demon will begin to "charge" similar to Myers EW. Each charge is earned by a survivor spending a second in the DW. Once Freddy has at least 10 charges he can leave the Dream World and enter the real world for X time based on how many charges he has (1 charge = 1 second in the real world). In the real world, Freddy can be seen and can interact with survivors like any other killer. He can also still put people to sleep but does not see auras or the glow of survivors unless he goes back to Dream World, and even then there will be a short delay before auras appear. When he comes into the real world, he brings his TR with him (meaning if he is using paint brush has has an 8m heartbeat, you no longer hear the lullaby). If you stun Freddy with a pallet while he is in the real world it will force him back into the Dream World.
Basically, as survivors spend time in DW Freddy can spend time in the real world.
Comments
Soo just for 10 seconds his ability is poop.
Only good thing -> Jumpscarish Freddy
No you can do it for as long as you have charges, you just need at least 10 seconds stored to activate it. Also transitions don't count as dream world for the charges, and I would say he shouldn't be able to gain charges while in the real world BUT maybe rework an add-on to allow him to do that.
I would have to see it in game to judge more accurately. :chuffed:
Post it in the wishlist, i think it's a great idea because it was also a thing in the movies.
I mean its an alright idea but he will lose his stealth advantage and will most likely be seen and they will just run until he goes back to being invis.
I think it is a great idea but, there are like 6 weeks until the midchapter. I believe they are already working on the rework and have their own ideas.
Interesting though. I really like Freddy's current power and instead of reworking it, something like this would be better.
Same. I feel the way to go with Freddy is to make survivors fall asleep slowly by themselves (like a timer). If you choose to run around and fail (maybe multiple) skill checks, you shall stay alert, or even awake from the nightmare eventually. However, if you stay for to long hidden in a corner, or even worse inside a locker ... there you'll fall asleep by yourself, in the blink of an eye. Freddy's special attack might just accelerate significantly the timer, so the time span before the killer can interact with the survivor wouldn't be always 7 seconds ; it would vary from 1 to 8 seconds, depending of the state of slumber the survivor already was.
The devs proposed changes made me start thinking about the same thing honestly. I'm going to be honest unpopular opinion here but I really don't like the idea of Freddy only seeing auras while survivors are awake and losing the aura when survivors are asleep. Freddy may be weak but one thing I like about him is I can be real chill while playing him and just go back to survivors as long as they somehow haven't woke up.
You have a similar idea I had except alongside gaining charges survivors could willingly go to sleep and wake up as it currently is. If Freddy hooked a sleeping survivor another survivor would have to be in the dream world to unhook them off of a dream world hook and if they were on a normal hook they would have to be awake. Same thing would go for healing although I know that's over the top and too complicated to even consider. Just brainstorming Freddy ideas though since I am not a fan of a few of the proposed changes.
Either way I agree with your suggestion and regardless again I hope Freddy gets a well deserved buff. Although the idea of Freddy going to dream world when stunned by a pallet only makes me think Freddy was put into coma through a heavy concussion by pallet to the head. Can't get that thought out of my head.
Yes but if he can come in/out simialr to Wraith he can sneak attack you. It's also beneficial because he can do it to protect a totem or hook or gen or gate. It would be dumb to just walk around in real world all the time, it would make more sense to use it as either a surprise attack or pressure tool.
Also if he was using paint brush with M&A then he'd have no TR in DW or real world when he switches over. He could also use that as a sneak attack.