Original Perk Concepts and Ideas!
Hello everyone! I took the time to think and come up with several new ideas for Perks! I hope you find them interesting! Of course, few will need balancing and such. As always, comment below what you think and which ones you like the most! :3
(Pictures have been Temporary deleted. I am fixing them to be more balanced and fun! They will be posted some time tomorrow! Thank you for your understanding! :3)
Comments
Charms (in general) - Hexes for survivors. Alrighty. Just couple questions: How obvious are they? Why they have negative effects?
Charm: Calming Voice - For a "hex" perk, yeah pretty decent. Has the autodidact problem but yeah decent. Although i think it should also increase the great skill check zone.
Charm: Undying Will - So this reminds of me of MoM. Just the killer has a potential to avoid getting "affected" by it. So let's go with OG MoM response... Too stronk.
Collector's Greed - Does this remove an option to drop items? (R is the usual drop items button iirc) Also i would change the consumption rate to chest open speed. Also also do you mean add-ons? Because you would keep your items if you escaped anyways.
Swift Evasion - Aside from making it 60 seconds (because muh consistency) seems good.
Charm: Fortified - And this, for a "hex", seems a bit too strong. Especially if only one survivor has to run this.
Seeker's Intuition - I like it! Although cleansing speed/killer's aura read might be just a bit overloading. Idk.
Infernal Aura - Ruin is back. Okay. Just gonna say it's just gonna be annoying on TR builds. That's all.
Armageddon - This makes EGC really scary. Is that stopping for 15 seconds a consistent effect that happens everytime or just once. My balance depends on that. (oh also reducing egc timer will need dinks adjusting)
Fighting Spirit - Overloaded. Most chases happen while injured. I would cut it by like half. (so 25% and 1 sec always)
Hazardous Wiring - Seems pretty useless to me? I just don't see any use for it.
Hex: Vile Touch - Neatorino
Voodoo - I.. dunno tbh. Can be deactivated before it even happens, but can be devastating if it does happen early.
Devil's Deal - Too strong of a 2nd chance perk. You will ALWAYS use this on your last hook/carry. Imo getting 60 seconds and 1 safe unhook isn't thaaat hard.
Wow thank you for the criticism Milo!
To answer your question as to why Charms have negative effects when destroyed, its to reward the killer for finding them. Charms grant pretty powerful bonuses for survivors, having consequences will balance it out. The Killer will have to take the time to find them and while he is doing that, survivors will be doing gens. These offerings will then be a win-win situation for survivors which isn't fair.
For Charm: Undying Will, yeah I had thoughts about that being a bit too strong. However, I thought the 60 second Broken Status Effect will balance it out. Think about it, you find it and destroy the Charm. Survivors who have it will scream so you know where they are and you can 1 shot them.
For Collectors Greed, I simply made a silly mistake LOL. I forgot that you always keep items when you escape. So, ignore that. Its the same for "R" button, I simply just listed a button. It can be any button. Also, chest search speed I guess will be a nice idea too!
I'm glad you like Swift Evasion! I guess 60 seconds would make more sense for a cool-down.
Charm Fortified, I can see how early game can REALLY hurt killer. So, maybe instead of 25% it will be 15%?
Infernal Aura is one of my favorite ideas! Yeah I can see how you will say its annoying for TR builds. That's the point! Its meant to discourage repairing Gens when the Killer is nearby as well as healing right in front of his face lol. (Infernal Aura, Unnerving, Distressing = Hell lmao)
For Armageddon, its meant to be really scary! Usually, End Game collapse is a joke. Survivors don't fear it cause they 99 Gates! So this perk fixes that. The 15 seconds will reset every time a Survivor goes into the Dying State or is Hooked. So you hook, for 15 seconds timer doesnt change. Once 15 seconds are up, it slows down like normal. As for the 30 second decrease in timer, I thought it would be fair. But if it is too strong, maybe 20 instead.
Fighting Spirit, I can understand what you are saying. So maybe, what you said, 25% faster pallet throwing and 0/1/1.5 seconds for stuns.
As for Hazardous Wiring, its hurts but I know what you mean LOL. It doesnt help with surviving the game so I will change it lmao.
Hex: Vile Touch, you like that one? I expected a lot of insults from survivor mains lmao. :3
Voodoo, yeah it can be really strong but also weak. So I might look into it.
And last but not least, Devils Deal, also one of my favorites. However, I thought it would be balanced but I guess you helped me realize that the potential of this perk indeed can be too strong. I will change the requirements and such.
Well, once again thank you so much for your critism! It helped me a lot! I will delete those pictures and fix them. They will be back later on! Have a nice day and see ya in the fog! :3