Controller dead zone settings

I have been playing DBD for about year now properly and I've noticed that sometimes I don't always run as fast as I can, I think it is a dead zone issue with the controller but I can't really afford to buy a new controller just for 1 game. I know if you are on PC you can change your dead zone in the controllers properties but PlayStation (and I assume Xbox) don't have a way of changing the settings outside the games. I was just hoping that we could get some sort of controller setting to change our maximum and minimum dead zone sizes to counter this issue.


InB4 get a PC bla bla bla

Comments

  • I buy new PS4 controllers all the time because they eventually cannot quite reach 100% when you push up. If you plug your controller into a PC and go to "Set up USB Game Controllers" then Properties, you will see your faulty left stick flickers when you push all the way up (or sometimes up-left and up-right).

    They should change it so if you hold the run button and push MOST of the way forward it should count as a run because the analog stick cannot be used to change your run speed anyway. Oddly, It doesn't affect other games.

    I ordered another two controllers yesterday for this very reason.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    I buy new PS4 controllers all the time because they eventually cannot quite reach 100% when you push up. If you plug your controller into a PC and go to "Set up USB Game Controllers" then Properties, you will see your faulty left stick flickers when you push all the way up (or sometimes up-left and up-right).

    They should change it so if you hold the run button and push MOST of the way forward it should count as a run because the analog stick cannot be used to change your run speed anyway. Oddly, It doesn't affect other games.

    I ordered another two controllers yesterday for this very reason.

    Honestly though, like controllers are not cheap and I know I'm not the only person to have had this problem

  • @IronArtemis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1615474#Comment_1615474

    Honestly though, like controllers are not cheap and I know I'm not the only person to have had this problem

    No you are not, this happens to me. And it’s seemingly happening more frequently (I’m on ps4 also, here’s hoping the dual sense has more durable sticks and a better battery) my stick is weird if I move left so if I run up to the left I basically stop moving or if I try to juke left it’s horribly slow

  • @DaddyFatSacks420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1618689#Comment_1618689

    No you are not, this happens to me. And it’s seemingly happening more frequently (I’m on ps4 also, here’s hoping the dual sense has more durable sticks and a better battery) my stick is weird if I move left so if I run up to the left I basically stop moving or if I try to juke left it’s horribly slow

    At this point I'm waiting for cross progression so I can just play on my pc instead, if I had this problem when I started playing the game I probably would have switched but I've sunk too many hours into my ps account to start fresh

  • @IronArtemis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1618827#Comment_1618827

    At this point I'm waiting for cross progression so I can just play on my pc instead, if I had this problem when I started playing the game I probably would have switched but I've sunk too many hours into my ps account to start fresh

    Cross-Progression is unlikely to be coming to the PS4 (or XBox). It is just for Switch and Stadia.

  • I was somewhat mistaken

    @DaddyFatSacks420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1618689#Comment_1618689

    No you are not, this happens to me. And it’s seemingly happening more frequently (I’m on ps4 also, here’s hoping the dual sense has more durable sticks and a better battery) my stick is weird if I move left so if I run up to the left I basically stop moving or if I try to juke left it’s horribly slow

    My right stick is slow when looking left, my left stick does what was originally said, when running forward if I move left or right slightly to change directions like you kno when in a chase. I almost come to a full stop for a moment

  • I'm hoping that next gen controllers are a lot better, these problems are by far the worst I have seen of any console generation controller wise