Feedback regarding chat giveaways on live streams
So the first trial of the promo codes was done by a Twitter post, and I THOUGHT there was plenty of feedback about why that's bad, but now the streams are going to do the exact same thing, dropping single-use codes in a chat.
Your community is global. The time you find acceptable to run streams is local.
It is completely unfair to drop single use codes (in a way which is indicated to be regular) at a time which for many of us is around 3 in the morning.
We also like your product, we also support you with money, we watch your streams the next day when it's reasonable for a human to be awake on a Thursday/Friday.
Dropping skins which can be upwards of $10 that only NA players have a fair chance of getting is really demoralising for the rest of us.
Yes, I get it, the only goal is to bump up stream viewer counts, not to actually make players feel happy or included, but it's still #########.
Comments
Also it is harder for Console Peeps to input the codes compared to M&K
Not an issue, everyone puts a word into chat then the winners are drawn and PMed their codes.
crap I was even watching the stream and forgot about that lmfao I'm so tired