The nurse isn't broken, DBD is.

Everywhere I look on this forum is (does nurse need nerfing?, Nurse needs a nurf, how to nurf nurse, etc.) First off, the nurse is ENTIRELY skill-based, if you can't play her you can't win. If you can, you can win. The problem is the game is crap for BOTH sides. Killers get pallet looped and the Gen get done to quickly. Survivors can't hide without getting punished for it. You guys know this, the thing about the nurse is thay she counters a SECTION of the survivor's tools to win (pallets and windows, (duu)). How you're ment to to beat her is with stealth and lose of LOS. However one of these aspects of survivor is completely unusable (stealth). When I play nurse, BAC and NS are core, they never leave the build. Because the nurse needs to know where you are. I lose survivors every other chase chase with the nurse, and it's always some anti-stealth perk that locates them, if I didn't have whispers or next or BAC, finding survivors would be a problem. Behavior needs to find a way to either buff stealth, add another tool for survivors to use in matches otherwise you guys will have to rely on pallets, (and it's not even your fault for doing so, you can't be stealthy so want else can you do?) The nurse simply counters that part of the game. And when the nurse is good, you feel robbed of a match because you couldn't loop, but I think you forget that you couldn't hide either.
Don't nerf the nurse, buff DBD.

Thank you for reading, feel free to disagree, but please let me know why.

Comments

  • I agree. There needs to be more stealth perks or just stealth mechanics in general. I think the rock throw is a pretty nice addition, but not enough to make stealth an alternate playstyle to looping. I think adding more objectives to the game other than gens and altruism would be a nice addition as well.
  • Or they can just buff the other killers already so people are funneled into playing Nurse or Billy.

  • Before they buff stalth, they need to nerf pallet looping, but lets face it. That wont happen to the extent we need.

    Oh and btw, nurse is the only killer that reaches a 2k average under competitive conditions.
    The devs consider a 2k average balanced

  • The people runs around me EVERY TIME iwhen i hook someone... so dumb...

  • Well put. Buff other killers AND give survivors some other resources. The response to being found by a killer shouldn't always be "Loop until MAYBE you can find an evasion point", because I'm certainly not going to NOT loop because you don't like it. I loop to survive - I'm a survivor - When the beat-boom-boom-pat-pat like that, ya'heard me? We comin' in this game like some survivor's. And we leavin' this game like some survivor's. So from now, until we dead and gone, we gon' be some survivors, ya heard me?

  • OP, you hit the nail right on the head. The game is broken as ######### right now and when that fundamental brokenness gets addressed then and only then can proper balancing and fun gameplay for everyone be accomplished.