How I felt when I played my first game this patch

AA is still on, so the graphics still look just as ugly, but make my game run slower. Everything is covered in some shiny layer. The fog in the distance is blue (MacMillan), but the light is not blue (the light is a different color from the fog, which is unusual). I experience extreme teleporting without any indication in the top left that my connection is unstable, I can't hook a survivor at one point, and then find I'm 5 meters away from where the hook location is. My recovery time after letting a survivor wiggle out has been decreased by .25-1 second. Some assets have been changed on older maps that have the same bad collision a lot of newer assets have for hatchets, so some hatchets are simply disappearing in mid-air. I'm hitting survivors with my M1 attacks from a meter away from where I should be able. I'm just mainly the confused the entire game as to how the developers let this build (with several changes not listed in the patch notes) go live for players with lower end computers. It feels like a game still in beta rn.

This was my face the entire match, as realization after discovery came repeatedly:

Jackie Chan Meme color.jpg Screenshot (922)_LI.jpg

Waiting for the Shrine to come out in a little bit tho.

Share your experiences down below (all are welcome to comment below, but lower end pc user experiences preferred)!

Comments

  • update: here are my second and third games. The amount of teleportation you see was non-existent a few days ago, and nothing's changed on my end (no unstable connection sign in the top left). I fail to see how this patch was an improvement in any way.

    https://youtu.be/UUsdHr2LWGs


  • Had to update my PS4 which took 12 hours. Eventually was able to play.

    First game as survivor didn't go well. We had a Hag, and I hate going against Hag. Game mostly ran smoothly, but did have a bad frame rate drop when a skill check popped up causing me to miss. Got hooked last, when everyone else was already dead.

    Then I played a game of killer, and managed to beat a full red rank team for the first time since crossplay. Of course one of them was going for his adept, but I was also playing Pig, not exactly an OP killer (and with only one brown add-on). The game just felt better than it has in a while.

    Also DS is apparently a really short stun now. It won't last, and will probably be patched tomorrow morning. But it's nice while it lasts. (They really should probably shorten the stun a little)

  • @KingFrost said:

    Had to update my PS4 which took 12 hours. Eventually was able to play.

    First game as survivor didn't go well. We had a Hag, and I hate going against Hag. Game mostly ran smoothly, but did have a bad frame rate drop when a skill check popped up causing me to miss. Got hooked last, when everyone else was already dead.

    Then I played a game of killer, and managed to beat a full red rank team for the first time since crossplay. Of course one of them was going for his adept, but I was also playing Pig, not exactly an OP killer (and with only one brown add-on). The game just felt better than it has in a while.

    Also DS is apparently a really short stun now. It won't last, and will probably be patched tomorrow morning. But it's nice while it lasts. (They really should probably shorten the stun a little)

    I feel you for the first two paragraphs (although I've had many good games against Hags in the past), but I was surprised about the third paragraph. I don't have any motive other than curiosity when I ask, "What made the game feel better?" As in, survivors or gens or player input or etc.

    And for your last paragraph, yeah, all wiggle outs have shortened stun durations for the killer (if the survivor stun was shortened too, I don't think this would be a bad thing).