Legion Add-on pass/Rework Ideas
Oh boy, another one of these posts, huh? I want to preface this post with a couple of things. I personally think Legion is in an alright spot now ever since the change where they can see blood and scratch marks right after ending Feral Frenzy. They could do with a couple more buffs/QOL changes to their basekit, but are otherwise serviceable. What I want to look at most are their add-ons, as they are rather underwhelming in my opinion. They're not the worst add-ons in the game (I'm looking at you Demogorgon and Ghostface), but they could definitely use another pass. I'll go over every Legion add-on and share my ideas on changing them and my thought process behind each. I'm going to start off with my suggested buffs/QOL changes, because those will affect some of my proposed add-on changes. Without further ado, let's begin!
Legion Buffs/QOL Changes
One of the things holding Legion back in my opinion is the Feral Frenzy fatigue. 4 seconds of fatigue is very punishing and restricting, and the worst part of it is the fact that you suffer this fatigue whether you're playing poorly or playing well. What I'm about to suggest is a mix of a buff and a QOL change.
Feral Frenzy cooldown reduced to 3 seconds when ending the power manually.
This change reduces the fatigue to a more reasonable level when playing well and not missing any swings. For comparison, 3 seconds is the cooldown time when equipping the current Joey's Mixtape and Cold Dirt add-ons. Now at this point, having add-ons that reduce the cooldown any further would tip the balance too far, as being able to recover from fatigue too quickly was one of the issues with the older versions of Legion. Because of this, all the add-ons that reduce Feral Frenzy cooldown will be completely reworked to do something different.
Hitting a survivor with a Basic Attack no longer depletes the Power Gauge.
This change would be made with the same reasoning as the previously mentioned Feral Frenzy change. Depleting the Feral Frenzy Power Gauge when landing Basic Attacks punishes and restricts Legion players unnecessarily, given the non-lethal nature of the power. No matter how many different perspectives I look at it from, I can't think of a justifiable reason why the Power Gauge should be depleted for doing something that Legion has no choice but to do at one point or another. No other killer has this problem and frankly, it has to go.
That concludes all the proposed changes to Legion's basekit. With that, we can now talk about the add-ons.
Legion Add-on Changes
Smiley Face Pin - Hitting a Survivor while in Feral Frenzy applies the Blindness Status Effect for 60 seconds
This is a change that will apply to all the "pin" add-ons, and it will make them applicable even if you end up only hitting one Survivor and no other Survivors are nearby. I also think it would be perfectly fine to bring back the ability to apply debuffs by Feral Frenzy stabbing a survivor who is already Deep Wounded. As of right now, there is absolutely no reason to Feral Frenzy stab a Deep Wounded Survivor, so allowing the pin add-ons to apply the debuff here would at least give a fringe reason to do so.
Scratched Ruler - No changes
Mischief List - No changes
Friendship Bracelet - Increases Killer Instinct Detection range by 8 meters
This add-on will be buffed to the level of the current Never-Sleep Pills, as adding 4 meters of detection range is not really worth it. I'd also like to say that I was never a fan of increased detection range. Yes, it can give you information that might be useful in certain situations, but more than anything it just messes with your intuition on whether you can close the gap on a distant survivor or not, so I have a different idea for changing Susie's Mixtape, which you will see later.
Never-Sleep Pills - Increases TR by 8 meters while using Feral Frenzy. Decreases TR by 8 meters when not using Feral Frenzy
This change to Never-Sleep Pills turns the add-on into a budget Monitor and Abuse, allowing Legion to sneak up on survivors for the first hit, and gaining increased Killer Instinct range while using Feral Frenzy. (Credit goes to @AhoyWolf for this proposed change)
Mural Sketch - No changes
Nasty Blade - Changed rarity from Rare to Uncommon
The reason for changing the rarity of Nasty Blade is mostly personal preference, as well as making room for other reworked add-ons. I personally don't think increasing mending time by 1.5 seconds is worth a Rare add-on, even if it does end up wasting more of the Survivors' time. Filthy Blade is simply better in this regard.
Etched Ruler - No changes
Defaced Smiley Pin - Hitting a Survivor while in Feral Frenzy applies the Mangled Status Effect for 60 seconds
The Legion Pin - Hitting a Survivor while in Feral Frenzy applies the Broken Status Effect for 60 seconds
Susie's Mixtape - Increases Feral Frenzy movement speed by 5%. Feral Frenzy cooldown becomes a fixed 4 seconds
I missed when Susie's Mixtape used to increase the movement speed of Feral Frenzy, so I've reimagined the add-on to do just that. To counterbalance this, the Feral Frenzy cooldown becomes a fixed 4 seconds, which matches the current cooldown time.
Stolen Sketchbook - No changes
Julie's Mixtape - Changed rarity from Uncommon to Rare. Increases vaulting speed while in Feral Frenzy by 15%
This Julie's Mixtape rework is part of a desire to make all the "mixtape" add-ons do something unique and useful without being too strong. I was always tired of Julie's Mixtape being a worse version of Joey's Mixtape and wanted to change that. As previously mentioned, merely buffing the cooldown reduction when the Feral Frenzy cooldown is 3 seconds at base would tip the balance too far, so Julie's Mixtape will now give you even more agility at loops.
Joey's Mixtape - Replenish the Power Gauge after being stunned by a Pallet
This change to Joey's Mixtape allows Legion to be more aggressive at pallets or go for Feral Frenzy lunges that end at a pallet. (Updated rework description)
Stab Wounds Study - Hitting a Survivor while in Feral Frenzy increases Feral Frenzy movement speed by 5%, up to a maximum of 20%. The Feral Frenzy movement speed increase resets upon ending Feral Frenzy
The current Stab Wounds Study is next to worthless with how Deep Wounds now functions. This rework will encourage Legion players to attempt chaining Feral Frenzy stabs, keeping in theme with the add-on. (Credit goes to @AhoyWolf for the number change)
Frank's Mixtape - Increases Feral Frenzy duration by 1.6 seconds. Missing an attack while in Feral Frenzy no longer ends Feral Frenzy and instead applies a Basic Attack cooldown
While the current effect of Frank's Mixtape is not very useful with how Deep Wounds currently functions, buffing the effect in any way is not acceptable, as it would then become overpowered again. This reworked version will allow Legion players to go for more risky Feral Frenzy attacks as they are punished less for missed attacks.
Filthy Blade - No changes
Cold Dirt - The Legion gains the Undetectable Status Effect when using Feral Frenzy. Lose the Undetectable Status Effect upon hitting a Survivor while in Feral Frenzy
This rework of Cold Dirt should allow Legion to sneak up on the first Survivor in a Feral Frenzy chain stab, hopefully providing some good scare moments.
Iridescent Button - No changes
Fuming Mixtape - No changes
I think both Ultra-Rare add-ons are fine as they are, as both have an applicable use in certain builds and situations. And with all that, that concludes my proposed add-on changes. I am open to suggestions and feedback, so please give your thoughts and criticisms. I really like Legion, and like I said, I think they're in an OK spot right now, but their add-ons need another look. Hopefully these ideas might spark some further discussion on the matter. Thank you for taking the time to read this post!
Comments
Nice changes! But I would decrease the fatigue duration to 3 seconds at all times, I know what were you going for, but 4 seconds is just too much, also I swing at the end of Frenzy for extra distance, so with your change I would still get the 4 second stun, so no difference for me. :(
I 100% agree with the removal of that stupid power gauge depletion mechanic from Old Legion, idk why they left it in there...
Now to the addons, I actually like the current pins, since Frenzy is just a free first hit, so it doesn't hurt that you need to work for the effects kinda.
I personally hate the Killer Instinct detection range addons, they just give you hope that someone is nearby, but they aren't, I would change them to this:
I want Legion to have their movement speed addons back, every other Killer that changes movement speed does have some, so why not Legion?
Also the vaulting speed addon sounds interesting, but 5% isn't good at all, since Bamboozle gives you 15%...
I don't get what the point of Joey's Mix Tape is tbh...
I like the change to Stab Wound Study, but only 1% faster? Isn't that kinda useless? look at Blight, his addons give him max +6% movement speed per slam, so maybe buff the speed gain to 5% and cap it at 20%, that could be fun.
Your Frank's Mix Tape should just be base kit tbh.
Cold Dirt sounds interesting.
Thank you, this is the kind of feedback I was hoping for.
Joey's Mixtape was just an experimental thought, for sure. I'll most likely go back to the drawing board for that one.
Julie's Mixtape and Stab Wounds Study are definitely subject to number changes, since it's hard to visualize the effects without a dev build or something like that. These are just suggestions after all.