My Personal Issues With DBD (Rant?)

So I will keep this thread as balanced as I can, because I don't wanna come off as an entitled survivor main. But feel free to discuss in the comments.

---------

Console FPS:

As a Xbox player this is extremely noticeable along with how when sloppy butcher is used, they drop drastically. And even though the devs say consoles won't be left behind or they are addressing the issue, my anxiety eats at me that they won't. This may not be the case for some people, or they don't notice it/choose to ignore it, but majority of console players do.

Now with the new Xbox and Playstation 5 coming out, that doesn't ease my worries and makes me think Xbox One and Playstation 4 players will be forgotten about.

---------

Tunneling/Camping:

Surprisingly I see this a lot more in purple/red ranks than brown/yellow/green. For example, just got out of a match with a Clown who hooked and camped me nodding his head. Was a global player, so it wasn't Xbox. So it may have been a PC or Console. (this is not gonna be a PC vs. Console thread)

---------

Keys/Moris:

I know they are getting a re-work but I just get annoyed that an Ebony Mori can just cut the came in half, especially if the killer tunnels/camps, or both. Ebony's, I just want everyone to be hooked once in order for it to be used.

Keys are unfair to killers because it grants a free escape, how I feel keys could be fixed is a skeleton key only lets two people out, a purple key let's one person out, green key stays the same. This would prevent a 3/4-man hatch escape. And if the killer closed hatch, it can't be reopened.

---------

Toxicity:

This isn't limited to DBD specifically, this is just for any game.

My one question, why? Like when I first played the game, I would teabag/flashlight click/taunt cuz I was a little #########. But now I am super nice to killers and give em a GG whether I win or lose. And if I see a perk that doesn't go well with the killer they are playing I tell them a perk to replace it with.

Usually 9/10 times they let me go, and one time I asked someone why they camped and tunneled, and I explained how it can ruin someone's game experience. Not only that it also ruins the game for them as they can get gen rushed. I still know the guy, and we're friends now. He told me a lot of games went better and he only does it if 2+ gens are popped before his first hook.

A little kindness can go a long way, and he told me about how he's gives survivors a GG after he loses/wins as well. He payed it forward.

I know this won't always happen and someone might be a toxic #########, but at least me and some of my friends who also play the game, brush it off, report depending what they said, and move on.

---------

Nerf x threads:

This is the forums, more than the game. Please stop making 'Nerf x because x is OP' if you see there is already hundreds of posts on it.

This is especially tedious with Nerf Spirit, DS, SWF, Noed, and any other thing that exists within the game. There has been suggestions how Spirit can be fixed. DS should be made to where it's only active IF the killer is chasing you, and if you get on a gen/healed it deactivates. SWF I don't know how to fix personally. And Noed, Noed is balanced in my opinion, if I get downed, it's mine and my teammates fault for not doing bones.

---------

X platform is toxic/sucks:

I see threads like this from both sides and I hate how they try pinning the blame on one side. I want PC players to see how hard it is to play on Console with cross-play, and vice versa. I feel like both sides are equally toxic with the few good players here and there.

Not one side can be blamed for the others misfortune, if you get really angry about it, take a bit of time away from Dead by Daylight, and try another game. Personally I choose Slime Rancher as it's my comfort game.

---------

Last but not least, garbage teammates:

Please don't let your teammates get to second phase/die on first hook. If they cause it themself, it doesn't apply to this. But seriously, is it that hard to be a decent teammate. I actually had a killer apologize to me because a 3-man SWF let me die on first hook. And I had to comfort said killer and explain it wasn't their fault but my teammates.

Like damn, I shouldn't have to comfort the killer in the first place, but when something like this happens, you know it's bad. After that match, it happened two more times before I started playing with my brother and we just vibed out.

---------

Sorry for the long post, but like, I wanted to get this off my chest.

Comments

  • They are reworking keys along with the mori to my knowledge. As for the toxic players they exist on almost every game. As for console optimization I admit that console has issues. Fixing bugs, killers, and perks doesn't make money like releasing new one does though :/

  • @Pipefish said:

    They are reworking keys along with the mori to my knowledge. As for the toxic players they exist on almost every game. As for console optimization I admit that console has issues. Fixing bugs, killers, and perks doesn't make money like releasing new one does though :/

    I know, I mentioned I know they are reworking keys/moris and about how the toxicity part wasn't limited to only DBD, it's everywhere. But the console thing, it shows they push console optimization on the back burner. They said they'd fix console fps 2 years ago, it was okay last year,but now it's garbage again.