Proximity penalty when survivors swarm hook

Is there a reason why a killer is penalized when he's chasing others around a hooked survivor? Seems like a way to punish people for playing proper. I almost got merciless except I had to deal with a david running around and then hiding by a survivor.

20200904131141_1.jpg


Comments

  • It doesn't apply when a survivor is close enough to the hook or the exit gates are opened (I Think on the second part anyway).

  • I think some survivosr know how to mess up your emblem make it like your staying close to hook when your in chase

    this why stopping time on the hook may not work may hurt killer in long terms

  • Also, to add. You're playing an instadown killer so you lose a lot of potential chaser points when getting a one shot down.

  • survivors swarm hooks if their team mate is being camped. You are playing a POPULAR character that thrives OFF of camping.

  • @timbologna said:

    Is there a reason why a killer is penalized when he's chasing others around a hooked survivor? Seems like a way to punish people for playing proper. I almost got merciless except I had to deal with a david running around and then hiding by a survivor.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TCVPQ97E5WG8/20200904131141-1.jpg

    You camped, don't tell lies!

  • Yeah that proximity penalty is only 5 points. The bigger problem was your chases were too quick.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    It doesn't apply when a survivor is close enough to the hook or the exit gates are opened (I Think on the second part anyway).

    "If the Killer is currently in a chase OR there are 1 or more other Survivors within a 16m radius of the hooked Survivor, the penalty is not applied.

    If the hooked Survivor is the last remaining Survivor in a match, the penalty is not applied.”


    They should change the penalty so it's not applied when the exit gates are powered. (Or only when they're opened and the EGC has started.)


    After all generators are powered camping is usually the best strategy available. Especially if an exit gate has been opened and leaving the hook will result in someone rescuing the survivor with BT and the hooked survivor might have DS. Because of this, the best option is to wait near the hook to defend it since there's no generators left to patrol and the gates are either 99'd or opened.