Another plea: free the linked Nea outfit (and stop with linked cosmetics in general)
Please BHVR, stop this practice, its a net-negative and the only people who get anything out of this change are people who wear full sets anyway. Being restricted on custom outfits is extremely annoying, and before anyone mentions the clipping, that problem only affects the person wearing it and if they are fine with looking ridiculous, who cares? The only outfits that have merit to being linked are legendary, like Cheryl's; Purple outfits, like Nea's, have no need for it.
As to Nea specifically, we all know the hair looks perfectly fine separated and it being locked to the outfit is completely unnecessary and I've yet to see a compelling argument from anyone in BHVR as to why it needs to be this way, other than the obvious of extra $$$.

Comments
I know it probably won't happen due to possible issues with Konami having to give the go ahead but I'd love to see Cheryl's green outfits become unlinked as well instead of being restricted to a set.
I'm in full support of this for sure though.
I just feel like if you want to customize and don’t like linked outfits just don’t buy them no one is making you 🤷🏻♀️
I support this OP completely, I have not bought any cells since they came out with linked outfits.
They are unnecessary imo and if clipping happens it's up to the player to think if it's a problem or not.
Minotaur Oni is a given as it wouldn't look right if it was mixed and matched and Silent Hill related ones are understandable cause Konami is not a good company and i can see them make that a requirement for those cosmetics.
That doesn't answer why they need to be a thing or what benefit they have, other than profits.
it just goes against the consumer
They already said multiple times why they are linked.
It's to avoid clippings between different pieces, and allow the creative team to create something different than the standard 3 pieces skin.
That is the reason. They don't want their game to look broken when you swap cosmetics, and I can't blame them for that.
You can argue that they could build a "2 pieces sets" when (for example) the head doesn't need to be included in it, but the reason of why making linked cosmetics has been explained multiple times.
Don't buy it if you don't like it or if you think it's not worth your money.
Small detail: are you really saying that you like how the back of Nea's bald head looks on every other outfit other than the linked one?
The back of the head is a non-issue. Just give her a buzz cut. Easy.
"I've yet to see a compelling argument from anyone in BHVR"
Key word is compelling, myself and others already mentioned how the clipping issue only affects those wearing it, and given how nearly every other outfit can clip with some other cosmetic, the idea of them trying to get rid of it is null.
as to the Nea head, it looks fine, it fits with every top and works and even if it didn't, it only affects me so it doesn't matter.
Are you saying that you would like them to edit a bit the skin because it looks a little bit weird with other cosmetics?
Listen, the clipping issue does not affects only you. If I were part of the creative team I surely wouldn't want people to run around with clipping issues.
It would look bad and is bad for the image of the game.
As I said, yes, some skins could be made of only 2 linked cosmetics like Jane's Greek collection, and I believe they will try to do that in the future.