Garbage Perk Pollution Awareness Thread
Am I the only one who is bothered by garbage perks infesting their blood webs? It affects Killers in particular, as people are more likely to level Killers because they are each unique. It would be great if there was an option to deactivate a set amount of teachable perks from appearing in blood webs. Do I really have to deal with Mindbreaker and Cruel Limits getting into the blood webs of all Killers because I leveled up Demo?
Comments
Cruel Limits definitely needs changes. Mindbreaker though I have renewed respect for. Like everyone else I thought it was trash, but it’s actually more effective than I expected. Especially with Blood Echo.
Mindbreaker really needs some buffs to stand up by itself. To be effective it basically requires other killer perks or add ons in order to maintain any semblance of a useful exhaustion duration. Mindbreaker alone, even if you get a hit, will just delay the exhaustion perk in the chase by a matter of seconds that can be waited out. That would be fine, IF it didn't also stop once a gen's halfway. And at that point, it still only functions against survivors running exhaustion perks which definitely isn't all of them. It just has too many conditions and downsides to be worth committing 2 perk slots to exhaustion just to make one of them barely noticeable.
I think one major issue with the whole perk system in general is that there's 3 levels of each perk you can find in the Bloodweb. If a perk could be bought "at full level" from the get-go, it'd reduce the frustration by a lot.
That said, BHVR needs to stop being so afraid of making viable perks because the META has been so stale and nothing will ever change if they don't start stepping up. There's so much trash (or extremely niche) perks available that's not being used.
No. I used to think the same as you. Mindbreaker’s value doesn’t come from the 3 second exhaustion that is inflicted on survivors that aren’t exhausted. It’s value comes from pausing OTHER exhaustion timers when a survivor already suffering exhaustion starts working on a gen less than 50% repaired. This can be bad news for survivors that heavily rely on their exhaustion perks.
Eg. Killer finds Meg with Sprint Burst on a gen first in the match. She’s not fussed about the 3 second exhaustion because she can just walk those 3 seconds off, and then she Sprint Bursts away. Killer for some reason decides to break chase. Meg now has a 40 second exhaustion timer. She walks some of that off and starts working a fresh gen. Her exhaustion timer that got down to 30 seconds is now PAUSED. Unlucky for Meg the killer comes toward her gen and she hasn’t managed to get repairs past 50%. She is now without her Sprint Burst, in a chase with a 30 second exhaustion timer still, and that won’t go away until she is no longer running again.
Another scenario I’ve noticed is how it can actually stall the game if they’re heavily reliant on their exhaustion perks. They’ll wait by gens UNTIL their timer has expired. That’s 40 seconds of wasted repair time each and every time the use their exhaustion perk.
I will say though that I wouldn’t mind if they got rid of the 1/2/3 seconds across the tiers, and instead changed it to 50/60/70% repaired.
I know how it works, and I've tried it myself. My dislike comes from how infrequently it has a tangible effect, because it both requires an existing exhaustion timer as well as the gen to not have work on it.
Sure it might be useful if people are just popping exhaustion all over the place for fun, but 9 times out of 10 you end up chasing and catching people which resets their exhaustion altogether.
It also creates some edge cases which are very frustrating as killer, where they have lingering exhaustion in a chase which ticks down in moments during mind games and stuff, and then all of a sudden in the middle of a chase they suddenly sprint burst away from you, which is often far more distance gained than when they run away from a gen as that's often not directly away from you.
Cruel Limits and Mindbreaker were just examples. There are plenty of trash perks that fill up our Bloodwebs.