Bloodwebs are frustrating; too many offerings as killer & poorly distributed perks; Change prestige?
Offerings
Offerings seem to appear much more often in killer bloodwebs compared to survivor bloodwebs. That wouldn't be a probl;em, except most of the offerings I see are stage offerings, Mori's and reagents... so many reagents. BP offerings are somewhat common, but not as common as stage offerings. BP offerings are great because they offset the cost of using addons, whereas stage offerings and reagents seem mostly useless. I've started thinking that the point of all the stage offerings and reagents is to reduce the probability of getting green/purple addons as often. Because, the offerings are rarely as useful as the killer's addons. I haven't yet, but I have been wondering if green addons actually have a lower probability of spawning comapred to purple addons due to the number of stage offerings seen.
the randomness (or lack thereof) and rarity of certain perks
So far I've counted about 9 killers leveled to 50 without seeing BBQ and chili once. Four of those were P3, and those 4 killers didn't see BBQ until I had collected almost all of the perks. I have mostly chalked it up to bad luck, but I remember BBQ appearing more often in the past. Now, I seem to get BBQ more often on characters that are sub-P3, but it's still pretty rare on all killers 1-50.
On top of this, certain perks will appear repeatedly in my bloodwebs, like nurse's calling and spies form the shadows. Those are useful perks, but the patterns I've seen don't seem all that random to me.
Really, the randomness overall isn't as important to me as just getting BBQ earlier on. I don't like to play killer without BBQ because killer is an exhausting role and I want to maximize what I can while spending my time playing it.
One of the problems for me is that when I hit 50, I don't level anymore until that character is P3. I do this to avoid wasting bloodpoints. I've considered spending some more bloodpoints to try for BBQ, but due to the average level 50 bloodweb costing 55k, it doesn't make sense to try for BBQ considering how rare it's been on the past 4 characters I've leveled to acquire all perks.
On the other hand, when leveling survivors, I tend to see perks like DS, Self-care and WGLF pretty often before level 50. Which to me makes sense... those are useful perks for people that are sub 50. But, what I don't understand is why is this not the case for killer? It used to be.
Possible solution to perk distribution
It's probably too big of an ask to change prestiging entirely, but I really wish prestiging worked differently. What I think would be great is if when you prestige, you:
- Return to level 1, but the size of the bloodweb doesn't change. It stays the same size as a level 50 bloodweb, so the cost is the same, but the number of perks is reduced and more are added as they normally are from 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc..
- Lose any addons in your inventory
- Keep your perks
This way prestiging wouldn't be quite so painful, but would still cost about the same as it does now to go from level 1 to P3 level 50. Granted, I wouldn't personally benefit from this much as most of my characters are already P2-P3
Comments
Perks definitely arent random from what I've seen at least, I'll always get the same perk 3 times in a row (unless they start with it, in which case only twice)