QoL improvements
I have achieved rank 1 as both survivor and killer and I have about 650 hours in the game. I know that's not really anything much at all. And I'm not trying to brag. I just wanted to say as someone whose spent about 400 hours playing only trapper, I feel like they could do with making a few changes to adjust trappers power level. I know he's not the weakest killer in the game by any means, but sometimes he does feel a bit clunky and easily counter-able by things like maps, toolboxes, object of obsession, good comms with swf, and smart survivors. I should also note, every killer and perk should have some form of counterplay, but things like maps and object being able to completely counter him from setting up a few areas feels very unfair. Maps should -not- be able to track open traps.
I also feel like Object of Obesssion should be reworked to showing you the killers aura for 6/8/10 seconds after a survivor other than you is hooked. Anytime you are hit or hooked you and the killer get double blood points for the action.
My suggestion for his addons is they should make the Trapper bag (start with 1 extra trap, can carry up to 3 at a time) baseline in his kit. I also feel Tar bottle should be baseline as well. This would give him more flexibility in his addon choices and overall improve his game play fluidity and fun factor.
That's really it for my suggestions. I feel like I win MORE often if I have a bag+dye and I'm not verse an object of obsession or map. (Map isn't as bad, mind you, but it's still pretty bad esp if the map user is on comms or using crystal bead).
Comments
Yeah. Trapper is in a weird spot power wise, since if you get set up well you can get 3-4k pretty consistently, but the RNG of his traps spawning and only being able to carry one at base makes him pretty hard to use a lot of the time. It is also really obnoxious that the bag addons are pretty much essential since they not only let you carry more traps, but since you start with more traps, it makes it so there is more traps in the game.
As far as Object goes, it is super strong against Trapper and Hag, and also in SWF, but I don't think it is to bad usually. If they were to nerf it I would think it would be something like giving it a reduced range if you aren't the obsession or something like that, so it isn't at full power all the time, while still providing good info if you get close enough.
There was also an idea for trapper that I saw that I thought was pretty good, where trapper has a cooldown ability that lets him summon a trap that he is looking at from any distance across the map which would help especially in the scenarios when a trap spawns in the corner of the map in a dead zone and you cant afford to go get it.
I'm not sure, as object by itself isn't that great. But object with comms is very strong. It's like having the bbq aura for the killer up at all times. Yes, I know the killer can see you, but some maps it's very hard to punish the object user if they are behind a big wall or other area that requires a lot of time to get to the object user. I think overall it's too powerful for SWF groups, and thus it really shouldn't be in the game in the way that it works. Even with a reduced range, I just don't see how it is fair.
Same goes with maps with survivors in comms/crystal bead addon- but they are very rare so I guess I don't mind them that much.
All in all, I just wish the trapper started with 2 traps, could hold up to 3 baseline, and had the tar bottle dye baseline as well. Also, I think spawns should just be cleaner for trapper. They should still spawn around the map, so he has to go pick them up, but less traps that spawn in super far corners would be nice. Also would be nice if there was always a fixed amount of traps per map, rather than it sometimes being RNG. Kinda why bags are so vital, cause it gives you an extra trap or two that wouldn't normally be in the game, on top of the extra capacity and starting traps which saves time. Although, the idea of having the ability to summon a trap on a CD would be interesting. Maybe an addon that takes place of the bag addon? If bag was just baseline? Hmm.
Something else would be nice is if it was a set time that survivors could pull themselves out of traps. I'm fine with a survivor only taking 2.5 to free an ally out, but I think if a survivor is solo, they should be able to get out after like a wiggle timer of some sort. That way it is consistant for both parties. Sometimes a survivor gets out on the first try and that feels bad. Sometimes I can end a chase with a survivor across the map and B line to the guy that walked into the trap. Taking like 15 seconds to get there, then pick that guy up cause he had bad RNG. Feels bad both ways.