If you want killers to be buffed, buff solo queue survivors first.

Comments

  • Hold on I’m writing a response in a new thread.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    Hold on I’m writing a response in a new thread.

    nonononononononononoononon

  • I mean... A well organized solo team is still pretty insane. I just obliterated a Freddy with a random team of solos just because we all knew what we were doing. Gens got done pretty fast and we all escaped but one because well... Endgame means the last unfortunate guy that got caught usually gets camped so we had to leave them.

    I feel like a lot of the time solo teams make mistakes due to the lack of communication and communication is like the biggest problem with SWF (at least in DBD's current state) The other problems I mainly have with other solo survivors have to do with their skill level which isn't something that the devs should plasterfix by making major changes and buffing random solos imo. I wouldn't know how either if not for information.

    I thought they were going to bring up solos to SWF level anyways and then buffing killers accordingly. But that's something we've been kinda waiting for a loooong time. The problem of SWF and soloqueue has been left in the dust ever since they made that statement.

  • No.

    Solo survivors still have Sprint Burst, Dead Hard, Lithe, Decisive Strike, Unbreakable, keys, styptics, ######### Ormond, and a litany of other random bullshit that can just pop out of nowhere and give them a win they didn't deserve.

    Solo survivors don't need buffs. Their peak potential is less than a SWF, but even without any coordination four skilled survivors will crush any killer except maybe Nurse/Spirit.

    Meanwhile, on the killer side...

    • Trapper still has to collect his power.
    • Wraith's power still provides worse stealth than some of Claudette's skins.
    • Myers, on top of his power being weak balance-wise, is buggy as hell.
    • Pig's strength is solely determined by luck
    • Clown, on top of having zero mobility and a power that only kinda helps in chase (since it does nothing if they just instadrop pallets), has to further cut into his map pressure with a five second reload.
    • Legion is literally just a base killer masquerading in the corpse of a failed design.
    • Ghostface has such terrible numbers balancing that he's only good at high levels with Chewed Pen and Address Book

    ...and that's only getting into killers that are just plain weak.

    If we want to bring up killers that are badly designed...

    • Doctor has two core mechanics. One of these is Madness/Illusions, a cool mechanic that could give us an interesting play style if properly executed on. The other is his lightning, which at best results in survivors simply not being able to use their resources. For some reason, they focused all their design on the rework on the lightning.... GREAT.
    • Freddy used to be a good port of his license. Unforunately they didn't even try to balance him before, so instead of him we ended up with this monstrosity. If survivors try to do anything interactive at tiles against him they'll just get M2 spammed to death, so they just hold W... fun.
    • Pig is the SAW killer. The franchise known for gruesome death-traps. They are not known for throwing a rubicks cube to people and saying "here, this should occupy you for a sec". The idea of RBT's as a pure "time waster" is awful.
    • Legion... there are a lot of things he could have been. I'm pretty sure he was supposed to be the original vessel for the current Ghostface's power, given his promotional material. He could have been a killer where his gimmick was "co-op". That would have fit the lore perfectly. Hell, even if we're going off the agile lone slasher trope (as little sense as it makes for the lore), they could have done so much more. This is the studio that made Deathgarden, the game with some of the best parkour gameplay I've ever experienced (RIP btw) and the best they could manage was "running slightly faster for 10 seconds and having a heart attack"?
    • Pyramid is a travesty. Punishment of the Damned is the clunkiest, most finicky, least interesting abilities I've ever used, and everything involving Torment (trails, the debuff itself, cages, even Final Judgement) just feels like a poorly thought-out gimick. He's strong as hell (as long as you're not at a hill) but he's so damn boring that I can't make myself play him.
  • @Nameless said:

    I mean... A well organized solo team is still pretty insane. I just obliterated a Freddy with a random team of solos just because we all knew what we were doing. Gens got done pretty fast and we all escaped but one because well... Endgame means the last unfortunate guy that got caught usually gets camped so we had to leave them.

    I feel like a lot of the time solo teams make mistakes due to the lack of communication and communication is like the biggest problem with SWF (at least in DBD's current state) The other problems I mainly have with other solo survivors have to do with their skill level which isn't something that the devs should plasterfix by making major changes and buffing random solos imo. I wouldn't know how either if not for information.

    I thought they were going to bring up solos to SWF level anyways and then buffing killers accordingly. But that's something we've been kinda waiting for a loooong time. The problem of SWF and soloqueue has been left in the dust ever since they made that statement.

    Lol but team like that happens like 1/10-1/15 games, the rest are painful and boring experiences with either bad team or tunneling killers

  • as a solo survivor, no, the only thing that make me loose is potatoes teamate, i would rather have a rework of ranking so potatoes stay at brown/green rank than a buff that will be useless with them anyway

  • If you have trouble with solo it's cause of your teammates, not cause of the killer, now, remember you can always run selfish builds if you think you're having trouble cause of other people and not cause of you.

    The fact that you're asking for solo buff has nothing to do with killers, but with bad teammates, the fact that we want killer buffs has to do with killers being awfully programmed and created, not with who you play against

  • solo need not a buff.

    solo player's skill need.

  • I agree, easily the weakest role in the game.

    My personal take from experience in all roles is something like

    4 man > 3 man >= (really depends on the random) killer > anything else, although a 4 man is a fair bit above the killer, just having one random or weak link drastically changes the match balance.

    Solo survivor should be buffed hard in terms of information, you should see when every player is in a chase, what action they're doing, I'd even advocate for voice comms in the game but understand that one's too far from reality, would be best to then rebalance from there. I personally don't do solo survivor anymore, minimum I will play with is 3, but even then I am reluctant, I've had some matches where the random was so bad the best play would probably be to get them killed because they are so bad with resources

  • the thing is you cant buff solo whitout buffing swf at the same time. Most of the time when i lose when i solo its because my teamate and rarely because the killer out play the hell out of us

  • @bgbomb said:

    solo need not a buff.

    solo player's skill need.

    killer' don't need buff, they need skill

  • well

    Believe whatever you want.

    But I just said the truth.

    Right now even a player who can't look behind in chase and hide all game can be red rank.

    So i really don't believe solo need a buff when they still have so much room for improvement skill.