Casual killers deserve some love...

So i feel casual killers are struggling and honestly i feel bad when decent survivors verse them, afterall not everyone is gonna have meta perks or play as competitively and it kinda shows in game and i feel it really needs to be looked into. whether that be early game, a change to swf or just something to encourage the casual players to take on the killer role more often and not feel bad/punished for being more casual, afterall ruin was changed for casual survivors so i think its only fair? just some thought

Comments

  • I´d argue the same applys for casual survivor players, just not to the extend casual Killers are affected.

    There´s also this ongoing trend that requires Killers to play around every possible perk the Survivors can (and do) bring every trial, something that isn´t nearly as prevalent the opposite way, while having to micromanage every step, hook states and gens.

    Don´t get me wrong, I appreciate Killer being the harder role. DBD is tough to get into, something I like to tell newer players I somehow get matched with to lessen their frustration, but newer/casual Killers need something to catch up.

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    I´d argue the same applys for casual survivor players, just not to the extend casual Killers are affected.

    There´s also this ongoing trend that requires Killers to play around every possible perk the Survivors can (and do) bring every trial, something that isn´t nearly as prevalent the opposite way, while having to micromanage every step, hook states and gens.

    Don´t get me wrong, I appreciate Killer being the harder role. DBD is tough to get into, something I like to tell newer players I somehow get matched with to lessen their frustration, but newer/casual Killers need something to catch up.

    well like you say killers have more to worry about and thats due to the 4v1 aspect, iv seen alot of casual ranks 2`s etc. that get quite scared and miss skill checks and some dont mindgame or even look behind them yet still seem to do okay in the match but i see alot of killers really struggle especially at game start, tbh id go as far as make corrupt tier 1 default and change the perk. early game is wayyyy to harsh if the survivors actually do gens

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Ideally this would be resolved by fixing matchmaking as they've been trying to do. If you play more casually, you face worse players. Seems fair enough.

    sadly no matchmaking will be perfect, and even still they will constantly be going up and down anyway, but yeah atm every player seems to be red or at least purple if they arent new and all those ranks can be placed together reguardless (within 6 ranks so a rank 1 can verse a rank 7). would just be nice to see some change to help them out, sorta how ruin did for casual survivors that couldnt always hit greats or learn totem spawns etc.