Did they hack?
Names are obviously censored in the video below.
Story (short version):
- Survivors join the lobby with multiple flashlights.
- they bring a Haddonfield Offering and run stuff like Balanced Landing.
- One of them runs No Mither, SoulGuard, Unbreakable, Boil Over.
- The No Mither tried to play distraction.
- I caught him multiple times but couldn't hook him. The game would just freeze during the hook prompt.
- I ended up slugging them all and started recording before picking the No Mither up again.
Obviously I couldn't hook them (again) and my character even froze when I tried to DROP them. That's why I M1'd randomly when I was at the hook. I couldn't hook and I couldn't drop the survivor.
Apparently that random M1 swing caused him to glitch out or something. Their wiggle bar was probably 99% until they disconnected.
The game didn't even register that they disconnected.
So were they hacking?
At the end I hooked one of his friends and you can see there was absolutely no delay, no lag, nothing.
Only the No Mither survivor couldn't be hooked. What an amazing coincidence.
https://youtu.be/fJCjkq5HqYM
Comments
its a pc exploit they was lag switching you to try and cheat the game not a hack what you did was screw them over abd freeze them
Seems like yet another Lag switcher cheat. Imagine having to cheat to win a game. Some people just really have no boundries on how far they'll go just for a precious win.
That just looks like a bug. If they were hacking, it was a pretty poor, and extremely worthless, example. Why no use speedhacks or Instaheals? Why prevent you from hooking one single person?
oh dude i thought you ment freezing as u hook yer this looks like they got banned
People saw this being used against tr3 and now we are getting copy cats.
This has been happening in my games as well but the lag teleporting part so survivors can escape loops without leaving scratch marks.
This is lag switching. Record video and send a support ticket to report. Their accounts can be banned.
Not trying to make this topic a PC vs Console thing but if that's something only PC players can do I will probably disable crossplay for a while.
I already have to deal with random fps drops and generally low fps depending on the map. Don't want to deal with THAT kinda stuff on top of the fps issues to be honest.
To be fair only the Ash was cheating/lagswitching.
His friends were just swarming me like most SWF players. But yeah that Ash should receive a ban. I reported him in-game and could use this clip (without the censor bars) for a report ticket. However is his in-game name even enough information to ban him?
It's not like I was able to open his steam profile or something since I'm on console so he probably just changed his in-game name after the match I guess.
Cross play reporting is a concern for me too. I’m not sure on DBD’s end but would like to hear that it’s the same as normal.
The lengths people will go to to win in a game like dbd :/ might as well start lagswitching in mario kart