Effects of reporting

I had really bad games yesterday. The games per se were okish, but I got insulted a lot in the aftergame chat. Idc, but I reported the people who were clearly saying stuff that should not be allowed.

My question is: is there any way to know if something happened? Like did they get a ban or something?


For a reference: vommy mommy with ebony killed two people after unhook tunnel into Mori. The other two luckily got the hatch because one guy found a key. In the chat, even though she killed me she started to hate on me heavily.... So I was not toxic or anything

Comments

  • Well, thank you. Still it would be nice to see if your reports have any effect.

  • If you've submitted an additional ticket to dbd support you'll get the message above and dbd support will look into your claims. You won't know through them if the person was banned so it's best to check the profile of the person after a week or so.

    However if someone was being racist/homophobic in endgame chat, then the chat logs are saved as soon as you hit report. Therefore you don't need to submit a ticket. If you're on console report the messages to sony/Microsoft and they'll sort it out.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1580877#Comment_1580877

    Check their profile? If you're banned for a day or several, it WON'T show on their profile on Steam or any profile for that matter to begin with....Forum Profiles are different if that's what u mean

    How does checking a profile lets you know the person has been banned? They haven't played for a while? For all we know, it could've been a coincidence / they play very rarely / they were away for a week, etc. Besides, I would honestly not encourage stalking.

    For instance, I didn't know my friend was banned for a week until he told me himself after he logged in. That's the only way.

    No I meant for hacking. If someone's been banned for hacking it shows they've gotten a permanent ban on their profile (at least on steam).