I feel like Hex:Undying Could Be A Little Too Strong.

I'm not gonna act like this is a 100% call, cause its likely to be tweaked in some way. But in its current state I feel like it could be a big issue with something like Ruin or Haunted Grounds, or maybe even Devour Hope. Since it not only transfers to totems but makes them harder to cleanse. I feel like this could be a problem.

Edit: I forgot stacks reset, ignore my Devour Hope point.

Comments

  • Undying is meant to address bad totem spawns. If undying itself is in a bad spot then it's highly likely that the other hex isn't.

    Also tokens reset when hex gets transferred so I think devour shouldn't be an issue.

    Also it's still a gamble on the killer's part. He brings 2 perks and hope that the hex perk lasts longer. I think it's fine how it is. Maybe aura reading time will be decreased but the concept itself is fine.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Sure, it might be strong in some builds but let's not forget:

    • Totem spawns are total ass, unless you're playing Lery's / Swamp / Hawkins
    • It's a Hex perk to begin with, there's a chance it might be the first thing cleansed
    • If it gets cleansed, your whole build goes to the garbage since you were planning to rely on it
    • Hexes like Devour Hope that gather stacks, when destroyed it will RESET the amount of stacks they have when placed on a new dull totem
    • It needs to come to LIVE first of all before we accuse it of being OP

    Thats true, But

    The changing hexes help offset bad placement.

    I totally forgot stacks reset, they definitely aren't as good.

    It not being live is why I started the post off with "This isn't a 100% call"

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    I'm not gonna act like this is a 100% call, cause its likely to be tweaked in some way. But in its current state I feel like it could be a big issue with something like Ruin or Haunted Grounds, or maybe even Devour Hope. Since it not only transfers to totems but makes them harder to cleanse. I feel like this could be a problem.

    Edit: I forgot stacks reset, ignore my Devour Hope point.

    Oh don't worry, I'm sure bhvr will wait about two weeks to lure in all of the suckers with sales, then nerf the crap out of it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1580718#Comment_1580718

    IF Hex: Undying gets a bad placement and it's very visible, your whole build revolving around it, IT'S GONE.

    For your build to work, you need this hex to have a VERY GOOD placement. Let's be honest here, most totem spots are ass and how likely is the chance this hex will get a good spot? As far as we know it can be in the middle of a field while haunted grounds is hidden away...

    As I said, the hex doesn't effect itself, if it gets cleansed, it's gone, forever.

    Thats true, I've had many a games where my devour hope was cleansed in the first minute.

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/186908/i-feel-like-hex-undying-could-be-a-little-too-strong

    Oh don't worry, I'm sure bhvr will wait about two weeks to lure in all of the suckers with sales, then nerf the crap out of it.

    I swear if they did that I would be livid. The last thing we need is another MoM situation.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1580733#Comment_1580733

    I swear if they did that I would be livid. The last thing we need is another MoM situation.

    I hope they don't, but I just dont trust the dev team any more. I will wait, or use shards, just to be sure.