Just ran into a hacker.

I reported them in-game after the game was over. Do I need to do anything else? Never had to deal with hackers before because I play on console.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I love this thread full of details hope is not a tactic to trashtalk about PC in crossplay again

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    I love this thread full of details hope is not a tactic to trashtalk about PC in crossplay again

    Very helpful, thank you! No, I'm not trying to trashtalk anyone.. One of the survivors kept instantly healing everyone and themselves. The killer was helpless. I have video evidence. Just want to know if reporting them in-game was enough to get them banned.

  • Send a ticket here under Additional Player Report Information and include the video.

    https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575805#Comment_1575805

    Very helpful, thank you! No, I'm not trying to trashtalk anyone.. One of the survivors kept instantly healing everyone and themselves. The killer was helpless. I have video evidence. Just want to know if reporting them in-game was enough to get them banned.

    Yes, that's enough

    And you said "I'm in console" instead of which certain platform making it understand perfectly it had to be a PC player, jokes on you I've faced a speedhacker in PS4 (even if it was just once) and because you can't change tabs in console doesn't mean you cannot install a mod/hack in console

  • When you report someone for hacking, you also need to send video evidence to support (https://support.deadbydaylight.com/) to show what happened, also to send the offender's information.

    You can find the information you need here:

    @not_Queen said:

    Please remember that Dead by Daylight’s end user license agreement which can be found on https://deadbydaylight.com/en/eula (the “EULA”) governs your participation and use of the game and its associated upgrades, patches, and updates and related services. In case of conflict between the EULA and this page, the EULA will prevail.

    Hello, good people of the fog!

    We now have a team Associate Community Managers, as well as an updated in-game report system.
    With your help, we will be able to find the players who are creating a bad game experience and punish them appropriately, making the game a better place.

    HOW TO REPORT A PLAYER

    You may only report things that happen directly to you or in a game that you were in.
    Reporting for other people is not allowed and these reports will be discarded.
    (ie. Reporting someone on behalf of a friend, streamer, or other)

    Fill the In-game report

    An In-game report MUST be made. This is not optional, and is a must to help us identify the person in your game as well as find any other evidence we need.

    Customer Support ticket?

    • Video evidence is required or heavily suggested for some offenses, please refer to the lists below.
    • Whilst you can report offenses directly to our support, please only do so for serious offenses like cheating, hacking, DOX/death threats.

    Discarded reports reasons

    THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT

    • Camping
    • Slugging
    • Tunneling
    • Streamsniping
    • Teabagging
    • Bodyblocking
    • Looping

    NOTE:
    We do not control anything that happens outside of Dead by Daylight.
    This includes private Steam messages/groups/names, PS4/XBOX messages, Discord messages, Twitch/social media interactions, etc. Anything that occurs on these platforms must be reported to the respective authorities.

    PERMANENT BANS

    List of bannable offenses

    Hacking in-game exclusives and / or legacy skins

    The acquiring of any in-game skin through anything other than official channels (ie. codes, giveaways, etc.)
    The possession of legacy skins without earning them. The cutoff to earn legacy skins happened on November 24, 2016. If a player has obtained legacy skins after this date, then it is considered cheating.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Cheated progress / modifying your save file

    We need the profile of the person you are reporting. Reportable via support team.
    Using any 3rd party software or other method to cheat your save file or any measure of progress contained within your save file. This includes using someone else’s save file.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Threats

    Excessive and serious threats against someone, including DOX threats, life threats, disclosing private information, etc.
    You can fill a support ticket to provide more information, Screenshots and video are optional, but highly recommended.
    Reminder: everything that happens out of the game should be reported to the appropriate platform. (ie: Twitch, Discord, Steam, Sony, Microsoft)
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Other Hacks

    In-game report under Unsportsmanlike is MANDATORY
    Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage that wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. We are not banning for the use of communication apps.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    TEMPORARY BAN

    List of bannable offenses

    24h -> 48h -> 1w -> Permanent

    This is a sliding scale and determined on a case-by-case basis. If an offense is considered to be particularly egregious, the duration of the ban may skip one or more steps in this process.

    Any previous permanent bans on your record will result in all future offenses being a permanent ban.

    Harassment: Communications Abuse

    • Insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Griefing: Intentional Gameplay Abuse

    • Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
    • Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
    • Holding the game hostage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Exploits: Abusing bugs or errors in design to gain a competitive advantage

    • Advertising exploits
    • Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Specific exploits that we will ban for until they are resolved:

    • Bloodweb Progress/Prestige Exploit
    • 2+ Killer Exploits

    Unsportsmanlike Conduct

    • Botting
    • Lag switching
    • Disconnects (leaving the match before killed or sacrificed) - DO NOT REPORT
      For both Botting and Lag switching, in-game reports are REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    About Disconnects bans - DO NOT REPORT

    Disconnects are handled by the disconnection penalty system. No further action will be taken on reports.

    BAN APPEALS

    Cannot be appealed

    • Temporary bans
    • Social Media bans/blocks (Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
    • Unofficial Fan sites / Fan groups

    Forum bans: APPEALS

    Please check this link.
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/140-ban-appeals

    Permanent bans : APPEALS

    Send a Ticket to support.deadbydaylight.com
    If the ban is an automated EAC ban, please contact EAC directly. https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/appeal/

    Console bans

    The rules are the same as the PC bans

    Crossplatform ban evasion

    Players who have violated our rules multiple times leading to permanent bans could get their access revoked on any accounts they make if the player is seen committing bannable offenses after the very first permanent ban. The structure and severity of these bans are followed throughout any platform.

    Abuse of Support Services

    This includes making false support tickets and lying to support agents. Our agents are always here to help the community. However, those making false tickets just to get a step ahead of everyone else and take advantage hinders our ability to better help everyone. Penalties include suspension of your support services, up to a permanent ban of your in-game account.


  • Question, did you make fun of him afterwards? cause I always make fun of hackers

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575821#Comment_1575821

    Yes, that's enough

    And you said "I'm in console" instead of which certain platform making it understand perfectly it had to be a PC player, jokes on you I've faced a speedhacker in PS4 (even if it was just once) and because you can't change tabs in console doesn't mean you cannot install a mod/hack in console

    Well his statement was literally just to show why he didnt know. Hackers on console get dealt with better than PC. Its a fact that we dont have the hackers and if we do, they get removed quickly. Plus, it doesn't make PC bad so you shouldnt take it to offense.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575826#Comment_1575826

    Well his statement was literally just to show why he didnt know. Hackers on console get dealt with better than PC. Its a fact that we dont have the hackers and if we do, they get removed quickly. Plus, it doesn't make PC bad so you shouldnt take it to offense.

    if it's a fact prove it and show arguments, don't just say "it's a fact"

    and don't you think "it's a fact" that is easy to hack in PC since I play almost every day since 2.5 years ago and faced hackers just two times ever

  • Thank you guys for the helpful info!

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575840#Comment_1575840

    if it's a fact prove it and show arguments, don't just say "it's a fact"

    and don't you think "it's a fact" that is easy to hack in PC since I play almost every day since 2.5 years ago and faced hackers just two times ever

    Easier to hack than console. Console has hacker defense that PC does not. Also cheat engine I used that on roblox so much in PC and it was easy. Different games yeah but still same easy access to hacking. Also I am in school so I cant just bring up articles right now or some solid defense because I have to do a test right now

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575846#Comment_1575846

    Easier to hack than console. Console has hacker defense that PC does not. Also cheat engine I used that on roblox so much in PC and it was easy. Different games yeah but still same easy access to hacking. Also I am in school so I cant just bring up articles right now or some solid defense because I have to do a test right now

    what you said might be right but then you may should focus on you test instead right now..?

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    I reported them in-game after the game was over. Do I need to do anything else? Never had to deal with hackers before because I play on console.

    Don’t know why this thread conjured up all of the salty and defensive comments. OP asked for help, not for someone to argue about/defend their platforms people. Anyway, to answer your question darlin’ @IronKnight55, you may need video evidence to attach to your ticket for proof, otherwise it’ll be considered hearsay. Sorry you had to experience playing with a hacker.


    Edit: Typo, auto-correct suckssss.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575886#Comment_1575886

    what you said might be right but then you may should focus on you test instead right now..?

    Oh it wasn't a hard one and I finished it. I started after that comment.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/186451/just-ran-into-a-hacker

    Don’t know why this thread conjured up all of the salty and defensive comments. OP asked for help, not for someone to argue about/defend their platforms people. Anyway, to answer your question darlin’ @IronKnight55, you may need video evidence to attach to your ticket for proof, otherwise it’ll be considered hearsay. Sorry you had to experience playing with a hacker.

    Edit: Typo, auto-correct suckssss.

    I was trying to defend him. The guy started assuming he was making a console war statement, but he wasn't so I just elaborated on my perception of why he stated it that way.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/186451/just-ran-into-a-hacker

    Don’t know why this thread conjured up all of the salty and defensive comments. OP asked for help, not for someone to argue about/defend their platforms people. Anyway, to answer your question darlin’ @IronKnight55, you may need video evidence to attach to your ticket for proof, otherwise it’ll be considered hearsay. Sorry you had to experience playing with a hacker.

    Edit: Typo, auto-correct suckssss.

    Thats why i turn auto correct off. :P



    Still have many typos tho..

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575924#Comment_1575924

    I was trying to defend him. The guy started assuming he was making a console war statement, but he wasn't so I just elaborated on my perception of why he stated it that way.

    My comment wasn’t directed to you hun.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575924#Comment_1575924

    Thats why i turn auto correct off. :P

    Still have many typos tho..

    Siri doesn’t like me, maybe I’ll turn it off for good lol.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575846#Comment_1575846

    Easier to hack than console. Console has hacker defense that PC does not. Also cheat engine I used that on roblox so much in PC and it was easy. Different games yeah but still same easy access to hacking. Also I am in school so I cant just bring up articles right now or some solid defense because I have to do a test right now

    No, it's just the reversed way. PC version has EAC, an anti cheat system, consoles do not.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575886#Comment_1575886

    No, it's just the reversed way. PC version has EAC, an anti cheat system, consoles do not.

    Ahh so then why is it console hackers get removed and banned and well in general it isn't an issue? Modern warfare was filled with hackers. Why? Crossplay. Who were the hackers? PC. It made news and its the same with dbd the complaints aren't from console players its PC. Anyways ill get some details right now since im free

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575886#Comment_1575886

    No, it's just the reversed way. PC version has EAC, an anti cheat system, consoles do not.

    Ok so I did some searching and it wasnt anything like specs or whatnot but to put it simply. Hacking xbox one at least is VERY tricky because one mishap and you are gonzo. And hacking was predominant on old gen like when I played GTA 5 on ps3. Yet I play on Xbox and nothing. So what I think is that console is NOT pc, console is for games you put a game in or install an app. PC is way less restricting, its meant for searches and just about everything. You can download hack tools and cheat engines that how it is. But not on the new generation consoles they have less freedom than a PC everything is closely monitored, you cant just uninstall updates or install your own browser and modify it. Dead by daylight i heard doesnt have very good anti hack software or it used to not have good software. But console version doesn't need it because the console is pretty much like a safe. So you can say console has more hackers but it wouldn't even make sense or be logical to say that. Console is like a vault, you don't get in or out without permission. PC is a public crowd, you can come or go and do what you want, unless the thing you are one takes measures against it. Anyways this isn't to demean PC so you shouldn't get offended.