Thanks for fixing matchmaking! My games are great now!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found

Comments

  • Why do you have tier 2 pop as rank 1? It bothers me. Fix it immediately 😡

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • I would really like to what exactly busted their matchmaking system. I am no IT-guy but have a basic understanding of coding and some update a year ago must have borked their algorithm or something.

    And even more how they are unable to revert whatever damage was done.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    9 month ago I was going to uninstall because I was green killer regularly matched with reds. It was very frustrating...

    Original thread here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/115916/i-swear-im-going-to-uninstall-if-this-is-not-fixed-soon/p1

    Fast forward today... I'm red rank killer making yellow ranks want to uninstall due to matchmaking, while making myself feel guilty...

    Dear BHVR, thank you for listening, my games are no longer frustrating :D

    Ohm and thank you for crossplay :) Console survivors EZ mode :D

    Screenshot 9 months ago

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/J2V5ICBNPPPO/ranks0.jpg

    Screenshot today (thank you nVidia for helping fix the game :D )

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7UGLGEN76KYT/ranks.jpg

    In case someone didn't get it... It's sarcasm. I want fair matchmaking.

    I remember that some dev said the algorithm should put players in the same lobby only if they differ from 8 ranks or less (not sure about 8) from each other. So I'm sure that the rank 16 guy is in queue with someone (the game doesn't take the average anymore, but the minimum rank of the players that are queueing together, he got matched with you because his high rank friend). I just made a post about it, check it out. Still, big problem.😕

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575033#Comment_1575033

    I only started playing a year ago, so I don't know how matchmaking was before. For me it was like that from day one. How much better exactly was it? You;d think that with crossplay there is a larger pool to chose from, so matchmaking should be better, ehh? In my experience it's even worse with crossplay enabled.

    If I remember correctly lobbies where matching in color most of the time. Meaning rank differences of 5 or less. But I can be mistaken about that, since I never really only played dbd over a long time.

    Also I don't know player number in the first 2 years, so maybe the pool was even bigger at the beginning.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • I knew the title was sarcasm. People only cry on here Lol

  • There is zero issue with your second screenshot. Purple ranks get matched with red ranks all the time. It's not that big of a deal or a difference. And the only reason there is a rank 16 is because he is SWF with one of the other players on the team.

    When I SWF with a new friend, we get a mixture of killers around their rank (brown/yellow) and my rank (red/purple). It's fair enough considering the game's match making has to pick from one or the other since tho wildly different ranks are already matched together in a pre made group.


    And all this ignores the fact that most players in red ranks are still potatoes 70% of the time

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    9 month ago I was going to uninstall because I was green killer regularly matched with reds. It was very frustrating...

    Original thread here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/115916/i-swear-im-going-to-uninstall-if-this-is-not-fixed-soon/p1

    Fast forward today... I'm red rank killer making yellow ranks want to uninstall due to matchmaking, while making myself feel guilty...

    Dear BHVR, thank you for listening, my games are no longer frustrating :D

    Ohm and thank you for crossplay :) Console survivors EZ mode :D

    Screenshot 9 months ago

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/J2V5ICBNPPPO/ranks0.jpg

    Screenshot today (thank you nVidia for helping fix the game :D )

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7UGLGEN76KYT/ranks.jpg

    In case someone didn't get it... It's sarcasm. I want fair matchmaking.

    When and if the MMR gest fixed rank means nothing your gonna get survivors and killers your skill range

  • Last night my team and I faced the worst night of matchmaking that we have ever had. Our ranks are comprised of purple and green ranks, yet we consistently faced rank 1 Killers repeatedly last night. We got worked over by high-ranking Killers for three hours straight, and it completely broke us! It got so bad that we turned off DBD and turned on Fall Guys instead. Fall Guys was fun, light-hearted, and the matches were instantaneous and short. It was the perfect counterbalance to DBD.🙂

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    9 month ago I was going to uninstall because I was green killer regularly matched with reds. It was very frustrating...

    Original thread here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/115916/i-swear-im-going-to-uninstall-if-this-is-not-fixed-soon/p1

    Fast forward today... I'm red rank killer making yellow ranks want to uninstall due to matchmaking, while making myself feel guilty...

    Dear BHVR, thank you for listening, my games are no longer frustrating :D

    Ohm and thank you for crossplay :) Console survivors EZ mode :D

    Screenshot 9 months ago

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/J2V5ICBNPPPO/ranks0.jpg

    Screenshot today (thank you nVidia for helping fix the game :D )

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7UGLGEN76KYT/ranks.jpg

    In case someone didn't get it... It's sarcasm. I want fair matchmaking.

    In that second case it's possible that they were part of a team and got matched in with you because his friends were high rank.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    9 month ago I was going to uninstall because I was green killer regularly matched with reds. It was very frustrating...

    Original thread here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/115916/i-swear-im-going-to-uninstall-if-this-is-not-fixed-soon/p1

    Fast forward today... I'm red rank killer making yellow ranks want to uninstall due to matchmaking, while making myself feel guilty...

    Dear BHVR, thank you for listening, my games are no longer frustrating :D

    Ohm and thank you for crossplay :) Console survivors EZ mode :D

    Screenshot 9 months ago

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/J2V5ICBNPPPO/ranks0.jpg

    Screenshot today (thank you nVidia for helping fix the game :D )

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7UGLGEN76KYT/ranks.jpg

    In case someone didn't get it... It's sarcasm. I want fair matchmaking.

    Tbf they were probably just premade which is when mathcmaking really ######### up. But hey man MMR was supposed to be the way to deal with this, and it worked.....sorta. Unfortunately a lot of newbie players got caught in the cross fire and some killers just didnt work???? I never got better survivors on my Billy, but I got fair matches on every other killer as far as I recall.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • Possibility that the rank 16 is SWF with someone else?

  • @Zeus said:

    Why do you have tier 2 pop as rank 1? It bothers me. Fix it immediately 😡

    The vast majority of my perks on the vast majority of my killers are tier 1 at Killer rank 1. It takes a long time to get them all leveled up. Especially if you want a specific one and it only shows up 20 bloodwebs after the cap.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1575471#Comment_1575471

    Yep, I've got same as Purple/Green rank survivor last night. I spent several hours trying to do "Escape as obsession" challenge with no luck. Either I don't escape or I'm not obsession. I equipped OoO to make me obsession, but then got tunneled by higher ranked killers. OoO on solo queue is self inflicted cancer. Got paired with red rank killers half the time as solo surv. Going to have to throw a bunch of games just to derank and see if it helps with matchmaking.

    Purposefully deranking sucks, but it's the only way to help guarantee that you don't get worked over time and time again. I don't mind going up against someone that's better at the game than I am, all I ask is that we're all on the same skill level.