DBD has map pools already

The maps in this game aren't random. There are map pools that switch every few hours. I know because sometimes I'll get the same map multiple times in a row and sometimes if I'm watching a streamer and decide to play the game soon after there's a high chance I'll see some of the maps they played.

With over 30 maps in the game, those situations wouldn't be possible if there was always an even chance to get every map, every time. My guess is that there's like 5 maps with drastically boosted spawns that switch every few hours. So mini map pools. But its hard to notice unless you play the game a lot since map offerings exist and playing a few games and taking a break will probably be enough time to have the map pool swap.

Comments

  • Well, mathematically speaking. It is very much possible that can happen. You’re probably just experiencing apophenia. But hey what do i know.

  • @LethalPugy said:

    Well, mathematically speaking. It is very much possible that can happen. You’re probably just experiencing apophenia. But hey what do i know.

    Not really. Mathematically the odds of getting the same map twice or even three times within a span of maybe six games just isn't likely, but it happens somewhat regularly

  • I keep track of what maps I play on for statistics purposes.

    Here's the first 32:

    Disturbed Ward

    Pale Rose

    Thompson House

    Ormond

    Sanctum of Wrath

    Disturbed Ward

    Torment Creek

    Haddonfield

    Gas Heaven

    Badham 4

    Sanctum of Wrath

    Azarov's Resting Place

    Sanctum of Wrath

    Sanctum of Wrath

    Haddonfield

    Pale Rose

    Lerys

    Coal Tower

    Azarov's Resting Place

    Haddonfield

    Suffocation Pit

    Thompson House

    Wretched Shop

    Mother's Dwelling

    Family Residence

    Pale Rose

    Ironworks of Misery

    Fractured Cowshed

    Grim Pantry

    Mother's Dwelling

    Suffocation Pit

    Badham 1

    Looks pretty randomized to me. I don't see a real pattern. SOme maps just appear more often than others because there's more in that realm. Then you have map offerings, etc...