Better Together is underrated as solo players

Okay so I pretty much exclusively play solo and I’ve been doing the rift challenges and during the “Repair 4 generators.” One I just decided to run this build: Prove thyself, better together, Bond, and resilience. Now I pretty much ran this so I’d have an easier time doing gens and didn’t expect Better Together to work since I’ve never used this perk since it’s been out (which says a lot) but oh my god it was so insanely helpful as a solo player. I mean I got a lot of indoor maps too and it just helped so much to have people always know what gen I’m on and even the “When a survivor is downed see all other survivors auras for 10 seconds.” Part helped me out a lot on whether or not I knew I needed to go for the save. Tbh it’s extremely underrated as a solo survivor perk and it’s something I might start running normally. It seems weak on paper but for I feel as though that’s because everyone looks at perks with a SWF DS BT standard of good.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Every time I see someone say this perk works for them, I'm mildly jealous. I tried running that perk in the past for tome challenges, at least over 50 times. I seen little to no use out of it. I figure with Pyramid Head now having a perk that highlights a gen's aura in yellow, it would be a detourant as well.

  • It's a decent perk ngl, but it gets crushed by other aura reading perks like Bond or Kindred.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    It's a decent perk ngl, but it gets crushed by other aura reading perks like Bond or Kindred.

    Not exactly. Maybe by kindred for the aura reveal but for combining gens it’s extremely helpful especially on indoor maps like midwich. Bond is good to pair it with but I’d say it works perfectly fine by itself. Tomorrow I’m gonna try to run Better Together solely by itself and see how that goes.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    Every time I see someone say this perk works for them, I'm mildly jealous. I tried running that perk in the past for tome challenges, at least over 50 times. I seen little to no use out of it. I figure with Pyramid Head now having a perk that highlights a gen's aura in yellow, it would be a detourant as well.

    Haha it’s very fun when it works because it’s like “Woah I’m actually getting use out of this!”. Trust me when you get use out of it for the yellow gen it’s not noticeable but it is happening, and you gotta remember to pay attention when it comes to someone being downed because that aura reveal helps the most.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1572514#Comment_1572514

    Not exactly. Maybe by kindred for the aura reveal but for combining gens it’s extremely helpful especially on indoor maps like midwich. Bond is good to pair it with but I’d say it works perfectly fine by itself. Tomorrow I’m gonna try to run Better Together solely by itself and see how that goes.

    Tbh I never actually tried that perk, so I might give it a try today and see how it goes. :)

  • Better Together makes me avoid the highlighted generator as I immediately think of Trail of torment.

  • I've definitely got to try it out more, but generally speaking the power comes from the ability to see everyone. It's like a pre-hook Kindred, with a nice side of letting peeps know you're on a gen.

  • Better together is indeed quite underrated. It not only helps with solo play, but also to tunnel teammates into one location to pump that gen out or to alert people that you are working on a gen in that direction so they dont bring the killer there.

    And like you said its a blessing in indoor maps. The amount of times that we pumped out gens that normally wouldnt have been spotted.

    As long as people have game awareness and keep track if the killer has Trail of Torment then Better Together is a very efficient perk.

  • @Inji said:

    Better together is indeed quite underrated. It not only helps with solo play, but also to tunnel teammates into one location to pump that gen out or to alert people that you are working on a gen in that direction so they dont bring the killer there.

    And like you said its a blessing in indoor maps. The amount of times that we pumped out gens that normally wouldnt have been spotted.

    As long as people have game awareness and keep track if the killer has Trail of Torment then Better Together is a very efficient perk.

    True! It’s really encouraged me to use more ‘crappy’ perks to see if I can actually make use of them in builds.

  • I always pair it up with prove thyself. I don't see the point in running it without it.

  • Better Together is insanely good people just don't give it the props it deserves.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Better Together makes me avoid the highlighted generator as I immediately think of Trail of torment.

    Same dude it scares me because of it can be Trail of Torment or Better Together.

  • Yeah, it's definitely helpful in Solo Queue. As long as you have team mates that have common sense to get on a Gen xD!