Frustrated

I love DBD, I do, don't get me wrong. I understand being penalized when you legit DC on a match, however, being penalized by botha 5 minute soft ban AND a 2 pip loss any time your internet sucks butt and hiccups long enough to kick you from the game? There has GOT to be a way for the devs to figure out how to differentiate between the two types of DC, intentional and internet-related.


I've got crappy net due to finances and neighborhood, and if I keep losing pips every time I hiccup, I may as well not play.

Comments

  • I feel you cause I had bad net before, but then I switched to centurylink and never had this problem again... Wow I sound like a walking add.

  • Can any game do that?

  • The thing is that every last online game has the disclaimer that to play said game you have to have a stable internet connection.

    It is not the devs problem to solve but for everyone themselves and if you aren't able to provide that for yourself, you can't play online games.

    Remember, Everytime you have a DC because of bad connection your team in any game is put at a disadvantage because you started to play despite knowing better.

    That is the big difference between single and multiplayer games, you are not alone. And yes I know there are millions of people that behave like jerks and trolls because online anonymity protects them. But they also get penalized and banned.

    And it is humanely impossible to differentiate between your internet having a hiccup or you simply turning of your router/pulling the Ethernet cable. Both are simply loss of connection without any special response from you end.

  • @burt0r said:

    The thing is that every last online game has the disclaimer that to play said game you have to have a stable internet connection.

    It is not the devs problem to solve but for everyone themselves and if you aren't able to provide that for yourself, you can't play online games.

    Remember, Everytime you have a DC because of bad connection your team in any game is put at a disadvantage because you started to play despite knowing better.

    That is the big difference between single and multiplayer games, you are not alone. And yes I know there are millions of people that behave like jerks and trolls because online anonymity protects them. But they also get penalized and banned.

    And it is humanely impossible to differentiate between your internet having a hiccup or you simply turning of your router/pulling the Ethernet cable. Both are simply loss of connection without any special response from you end.

    IT IS the devs fault if his game has so much lags, rollbacks (many others different bugs ingame). Dedicated servers solve ANY extended hit lunges. So if you are down because of one of these bugs, it penalizes all your team as well. As killer, you always noticed bugs during chases and as a majority of them, killers take advantage of them. Who's care about team, trial or respect of the game when it sucks & game is dead as well ?

    Penality is legit but unfair because exaggeratedly exponential. Worst, it doesn't reduced the DC's rate. Why BEhaviour don't showed us stats about DC's before & after the Penalty's feature ?

    Behaviour has politics about money but they stopped to resolve problems ingame (cancer/troll attitude prohibited ?). If they could solved latency problems, they probably reduces some DC rates btw.

  • @n000b51 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1572649#Comment_1572649

    IT IS the devs fault if his game has so much lags, rollbacks (many others different bugs ingame). Dedicated servers solve ANY extended hit lunges. So if you are down because of one of these bugs, it penalizes all your team as well. As killer, you always noticed bugs during chases and as a majority of them, killers take advantage of them. Who's care about team, trial or respect of the game when it sucks & game is dead as well ?

    Penality is legit but unfair because exaggeratedly exponential. Worst, it doesn't reduced the DC's rate. Why BEhaviour don't showed us stats about DC's before & after the Penalty's feature ?

    Behaviour has politics about money but they stopped to resolve problems ingame (cancer/troll attitude prohibited ?). If they could solved latency problems, they probably reduces some DC rates btw.

    First of all I never talked about hit recognition but disconnecting from the game because of internet connection loss.

    What you are talking about are lags and those can originate from the server structure as well as from a bad internet connection. And of course I would hit a rubber banding survivor or would a survivor that gets teleported forward come back to the original distance?

    DC penalties double/increase exponentially in most online multiplayer games, as an example my staple game league of legends. Dodging champ select or leaving a match gets penalized by 5, 15, 30 minutes and an additional 30 for every game afterwards in 16 hours after the first penalty.

    Oh please, the DC rate drops immensely once penalties are enabled. Way less people DC first hook/hit or wrong map/killer. You maybe don't notice since those people tend to suicide first hook.

    "Who's care about team, trial or respect of the game when it sucks & game is dead as well ?"

    If the game sucks why play at all? Dead with constant 50k players (on steam, in eu, I can't speak for anywhere else) for weeks?

    And please if you can't muster the spine to respect the other people in the game, then your not much better than bodyblocking trolls.

  • "Internet connection loss" exists but you have no way to know when it happens.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/184761/pc-video-disconnected-from-host-still-online-and-keep-item-but-punished

    I was talking about lags because it happens all the times in all on my killer's games. So I consider it is in the same kind of problem as an internet connection loss. It just affects a little bit less the game.

    League of legends is the biggest MMO at the time but it is not the same about DbD with his few 50.000 players online in the best case. But in the same way, LoL is well-known as the best toxic Community's game.

    And yes please, DC probably drops a bit once penalties are active but you can't know how much more precisily... You just can consider it in you own games, that's all. So yeah, I accept your apologies for this time.

    Finally I play this game because I have bought it as you do and as you certainly already know that, it is the genuine game without equivalence! And I am convinced to play much more better than some of my stupid or useless teammates. That gives me another good reason to play because if I can dodge or leave trolls players I do it out or in the trial, I don't care about the rest.