Why can killers hear you in lockers?

It's already risky to use them in the first place since if a killer checks it there's nothing you can do, unless you're running head on, yet the Killer could also be running iron maiden, and if the exposed status wasn't enough it also makes you scream.

It'd be great if DBD had more stealth options to juke killers but so many things discourage stealth in the game, BBQ for example destroys stealth. I know BBQ was made to encourage killers to not camp, so I'm not against that, but the stealth options really have been neglected in this game. Unless you run specific perks it's not really an options. Which brings me to my point, with killers being able to hear you in lockers it kind of limits your options for stealth, and it's really needed to counter some killers, like the Nurse.

Comments

  • I need a new headset then, I never hear survivors in lockers... :(

  • Use lockers to block BBQ or Doctor's static blast

    Otherwise you don't need to jump in a cabinet to hide, just go behind a rock and crouch or something so that you are able to move freely instead of being stuck in an insta-down deathtrap

    If you really want to hide in lockers then use Iron Will

  • I thought that lockers reduce the noise you produce? Like your grunts when injured without iron will? There are enough stealth options, ranging from running perks oriented around stealth or playing characters that are much more difficult to spot in certain environments (I had times where I was chasing a survivor and suddenly hit a claudette in front of me who I didn't even notice because she was running dark clothes). If you are referring to the slight creak that lockers make, just use quick and quiet and perform a fast action when entering it.

    Also, Iron Maiden is a perk that is rare to come across. Maybe a huntress with instant reload, a legion doing adept or a killer playing a niche anti stealth/tracking build will play it, but the vast majority will not. Also, killers will only check a locker if they heard you (Which means you didn't time your entrance into your locker correctly), if you suddenly disappear near a locker, or if they tracked you using infectious fright or bbq and they can't find you near the location you were spotted at. Other than that, killers will not bother to check lockers because it wastes time.

    I really don't see the need for buffing lockers.

  • Lockers do apply a pretty big muffling effect on survivors hiding within them. It's not completely silent, but you usually have to listen pretty closely to figure out that someone's there. Though at that point, I'm usually more concerned with which locker has the big pool of blood at its base (left by an injured survivor when they entered it).

    My only big dislike with using lockers for stealth while in chase or near the killer is that survivors enter and exit the locker quite slowly when they don't rush the action. Wouldn't mind if they buffed something like Inner Strength with a passive effect to speed up the quiet enter/exit locker animations by around 20-25%.

  • @Pandamonium said:

    I thought that lockers reduce the noise you produce? Like your grunts when injured without iron will? There are enough stealth options, ranging from running perks oriented around stealth or playing characters that are much more difficult to spot in certain environments (I had times where I was chasing a survivor and suddenly hit a claudette in front of me who I didn't even notice because she was running dark clothes). If you are referring to the slight creak that lockers make, just use quick and quiet and perform a fast action when entering it.

    Also, Iron Maiden is a perk that is rare to come across. Maybe a huntress with instant reload, a legion doing adept or a killer playing a niche anti stealth/tracking build will play it, but the vast majority will not. Also, killers will only check a locker if they heard you (Which means you didn't time your entrance into your locker correctly), if you suddenly disappear near a locker, or if they tracked you using infectious fright or bbq and they can't find you near the location you were spotted at. Other than that, killers will not bother to check lockers because it wastes time.

    I really don't see the need for buffing lockers.

    Like im pretty sure if you're in a locker you get lvl 1 iron will? @Avarice10 If you don't want to make any noise at all you can run Iron Will.

  • Most of the time the muffled sounds of injured survivors in lockers aren't what cause me to open a locker. Usually it's a pool of blood at the base of the locker or hearing someone entering a nearby locker.

  • Lockers are not supposed to be a perfectly safe place.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1570149#Comment_1570149

    Like im pretty sure if you're in a locker you get lvl 1 iron will? @Avarice10 If you don't want to make any noise at all you can run Iron Will.

    Quick & Quiet makes enter/exit virtually silent too.

    @PoopoosEntusNunus said:

    It's easy to counter bbq, chances of running into Iron maiden are so low, many stealth perks. Lockers are unreliable as there many Los blockers, such as tiles, rocks, trees and buildings.

    There are even some characters that are used for stealth.

    There are so many options, yet here you are complaining

    There are tons of bugs, people can spam interaction key and literally get killer stuck in the locker animation the same as the hill bug and be impossible to grab. I've seen people get hit enter a locker and immediately exit again to hit the floor. Tons of people go in to lockers to force a grab to land DS. It has a lot of stupid interactions, but you're right Iron Maiden is not a common perk. Other than that, Whispers is the only way you're gonna find someone in it and that's if you can triangulate it with no one else in the radius to ######### it up.

    EDIT: Of course you do sometimes see people who do not understand how blood trails and scratch marks work that make it easy.

  • because they have ears

  • I always see blood under the locker when they're injured

  • They can? I don't. If I find you in a locker, it's either A) Process of elimination or B) blood pool.Unless I run Plague, I don't think I've ever heard somebody in a locker. . .