Did the last update add invisible walls to some maps?

I main Deathslinger. Which means I ought to know what I can shoot through and over. But lately I noticed several spots that I once COULD shoot over/through or pull people down from are now having my shots bounce off. (tested in custom match)

Examples:

I could once shoot through the trapdoors at Glenvale's gallows (the one always open) and pull a survivor off the gen that way. It's not possible anymore, no matter the position or angle.

Likewise if I shoot a survivor on the balcony of the saloon there's a good chance the shot will either bounce off or go far above, with no in between. If I do hit them at a drop point, I can't pull them down anymore. I can try reeling, but most often they will be stuck at the edge as if there's a barrier.

It's not on all droppoints (hills e.g. still work, but it takes longer for some reason) but it's noticable.


Keep your 'they had to add some counterplay to him, so they made his ability useless' jokes kindly to yourself

Comments

  • Were they ever not there?

  • The only invisible walls I'm aware of are in the PTB. In one of the Yamaoka maps, you can get enter one of the shrines and the killer can't get to you, making the survivors hold the game hostage.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    There are definitely some weird invisible walls on the maps. I feel like it’s probably just another bug though. The tops of hills are really nasty. Some areas you can’t even get over. I also came across what must be a huge invisible rock on the swamp map. Actually got stuck for a bit because the shape was really weird.

    the last update really messed up a lot of graphic stuff (the hill's bug, invisble walls, walking animations of killers), and it's ridiculous. Sure, one might wanna argue that it's just two or three (maybe four) killers affected by the invisible walls (deathslinger, huntress, plague and clown), but that's still about a fifth of all killers.

    @Elena said:

    The only invisible walls I'm aware of are in the PTB. In one of the Yamaoka maps, you can get enter one of the shrines and the killer can't get to you, making the survivors hold the game hostage.

    Check the mentioned spots in a custom match with deathslinger or huntress. it's really weird

    @Acromio said:

    Were they ever not there?

    How else would I notice they are there now? Snark aside, you could pretty much shot all projectile weapons through all openings you could pass through (it was especially nice at the aforementioned gallows, when survivors felt so save up there they got co*ky and started tbagging etc.)