Is MMR back?

I've been noticing a weird variety of play skill in my killer games. I've been running into white ranks on my first game as a killer, then immediately after I'll run into a squad of four reds. I am a green rank killer, so I'm just confused as to the wide variety of people I'm playing against.

Comments

  • Not that they've said. But the ranked matchmaker was all over the place from September 2019 until the day MMR came out. So, since all they did was slap it back into place, it just seems like more of the same. It can go right for a while, and then derail itself. Or just never be on the rails in the first place. It varies for just about everyone.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    Not that they've said. But the ranked matchmaker was all over the place from September 2019 until the day MMR came out. So, since all they did was slap it back into place, it just seems like more of the same. It can go right for a while, and then derail itself. Or just never be on the rails in the first place. It varies for just about everyone.

    Makes sense, I don't play much killer so it's just weird for me going from one game that's an absolute slaughter, to another where I'm lucky to get even 3 hooks.

  • its been said many times but MMR in an asymmetrical game with RNG maps and no definitive win condition with horrible balancing issues is a nightmare.

    almost as bad as having DC bans when you can run into any one of a thousand bugs every game.

  • Hopefully they'll have the MMR fixed soon, I actually didn't have an issue with it in my own matches. I'm guessing the problem they had with the top streamers getting matched against brand new players was because they messed up the initial ratings somehow, or possibly that there was a problem with a specific killer or two that their ratings were off. (Tofu mentioned in one of his vids for instance that his Hillbilly games had terrible matchmaking but the other killers were more reasonable, so maybe there was something with chainsaw events or the fact that it is a new version of Hillbilly that threw off the ratings for them.)

    Either way the Emblem System is kind of "meh" at matchmaking. My guess is the MMR is overall more reliable on average and in the long run aside from whatever caused the issue some people had with it.