Camped for no reason...yeah let's buff killers
One gen was done, he had one hooked at that point. I got his attention and the chase began. I ran him around the map for awhile, at least enough time for my team to get 2 gens done. When none were done and he was still on me, I knew I had lower ranked team mates (Killer and I were both the only red ranks in the game). Finally he gets me (got stuck on a stupid car) and I get hooked. One gen pops. 3 gens to go.
He cloaks and starts running around me. I signal for my team that he's camping but lower ranks must not know what the signal is so a Meg comes close. He hits them and they run away. Instead of chasing them, he comes back and literally stands right in front of me uncloaked and stares at me till I hit struggle mode. None of my team mates try to get me and I die first hook. A gen pops while I die.
Sometimes I can't with this game... I literally did nothing to provoke this. No teabagging, no pointing. I didn't even have an item. But yet that's sadly a pretty common occurrence. I read all the time on here that killers never get kills and they never camp or tunnel unless survivors are toxic etc etc. I got tunneled by the Pig the game before this one and then camped by the wraith. I play fair, I don't use DS or unbreakable, I don't teabag unless it's a Ghostface cause I want him to do it back, I try to keep it fun and enjoyable for all. Yet all I'm met with is people constantly wanting to ruin my fun. Why is killers enjoyment more important than the survivors?
I play both sides and have been for years. I never camp or tunnel cause I also know how fun killing it is on the opposite side.
Comments
Should probably throw this out there ahead of time, the only killer who you could really say was buffed recently was Leatherface. Spirit, Nurse and Billy who are all top tier killers, had their powers tweaked to make things less annoying and more fair for survivors. As far as the rest of the post, others are right. It's just something you have to get used to when playing online against other people. Unfortunately some people are just naturally #########.
I mean... Actually. You could just make being near a hooked player for X amount of time within X range start draining your Sacrifice BP in addition to your emblem progress (Which no one even notices especially at low ranks where camping is most common). In addition to this while the killer is within 16 meters of the hooked survivor their hook progression could be 50% slower. Make Struggle hook Progression 75% slower? Lots of changes could be done to fix this simply none have been implemented. These changes would have very little affect on the way the game is played outside of punishing this one unfun method of play.
Well just throwing this out there cause a lot of people are saying "Nothing can be done." There are a few simple mechanical changes that can be made to actively punish camping within the game rather than a killer's emblem progress outside of the match. For example Entity Progression could be reduced by 33/50% while the killer is within 12/16 meters of the hooked survivor. Simply put nothing has been done as a choice not as a lack of options. Personally I definitely think camping should be mechanically punished in the match.
Tbh camping might be a result of killers not being powerful enough--the frustration that comes with it is what makes people resort to scummy tactics.
Just give killers a global buff and they wont camp or tunnel like crazy
Don't buff killers because one person who was playing the game in a mean way gave me a bad experience