Idea to soften camping/tunneling

The game should add a mechanic where if the killer is either in the line of sight of the hook or within close proximity say 16-20 meters the survivor that would be unhooked will not be on their 2nd hook or death hook for the next 15-30 seconds after being unhooked and hooked again.

I feel like hooks in dbd are a little unfair at times, where if your teammates screw you over and unhook you right in front of the killer and the killer decides to target you, you can really just die really early on with no control over it.

Saying all this, I mainly play killer but I am rank 1 of both sides and whenever I play killer or survivor I hate when this happens, I don't want to rob people of their fun or be robbed of my fun. It's almost like the devs want the game to be unfair sometimes.

Comments

  • There's a huge problem with this, I hook someone, someone dumb enogh INSTA-UNHOOKS without giving me the time to go away, I down them both, why didn't they run BT or DS? I don't know, I'm the killer, doing my job. I don't camp or tunnel, but if you play this dumb I'm making sure you learn the mistake by downing you right there, I'm not letting you both go just cause.

  • Camping and tunnelling are both valid strategies the killer COULD utilize. The devs have said this before. Is it fun to play against? No, we all hate to go against it, but the only options are to figure out how to counter it, or just move on to the next match.


    Also there is an underlying issue with this. During this time they don't enter second phase or die on hook, if they could be unhooked, theoretically they would have a chance at never dying because someone could save them in that 20 seconds before death hook

  • @Carlosylu said:

    There's a huge problem with this, I hook someone, someone dumb enogh INSTA-UNHOOKS without giving me the time to go away, I down them both, why didn't they run BT or DS? I don't know, I'm the killer, doing my job. I don't camp or tunnel, but if you play this dumb I'm making sure you learn the mistake by downing you right there, I'm not letting you both go just cause.

    True, maybe its just me but I feel really bad for the person on the hook most of the time when that happens, and when im playing survivor it feels really unfair especially since you weren't the one who unhooked yourself and not all people run ds /bt all the time

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    Camping and tunnelling are both valid strategies the killer COULD utilize. The devs have said this before. Is it fun to play against? No, we all hate to go against it, but the only options are to figure out how to counter it, or just move on to the next match.

    Also there is an underlying issue with this. During this time they don't enter second phase or die on hook, if they could be unhooked, theoretically they would have a chance at never dying because someone could save them in that 20 seconds before death hook

    That is a good point.