Getting Struck Before You Regain Control of your Survivor!

I never really paid attn to this before today and noticed this while playing on PC. I was getting unhooked near The Deathslinger (camper) and he speared me right in the middle of the unhook itself - before I even landed on the floor. I also noticed that with Soul Guard, before I could stand and actually regain control and move, I was hit and Endurance activated while I was still barely getting up. Do we not get any frames of invincibility during these actions? Anyone know the specifics?

Comments

  • AFAIK, Dead Hard is the only Survivor ability that gives i-frames.

  • there are no i-frames aside from dead hard, and i think half a second while being unhooked the hit will not do a health-state but will hit.. The issue is you were speared during your hit not counting unhook part, which a spear is not a hit so you were dragged then hit.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    AFAIK, Dead Hard is the only Survivor ability that gives i-frames.

    DH I knew but some games don't allow you to get hit until you have regained control. I guess this is why camping and hovering over a slugged body is so effective. It was really irritating to see SG consumed before I could actually stand.

    @Eleghost said:

    there are no i-frames aside from dead hard, and i think half a second while being unhooked the hit will not do a health-state but will hit.. The issue is you were speared during your hit not counting unhook part, which a spear is not a hit so you were dragged then hit.

    Good point on spear, I forgot that isn't a hit. I wonder if a Hatchet can strike you during the unhook animation. It was really annoying bc this Deathslinger was hard camping me and I had no chance to do anything. So when I was speared in the air and getting dragged, it was irritating.