Is it me or lately scratchmarks tend to appear with a significant delay?

It's been a while I noticed this, and I see it even happen on other's streams, that scratchmarks appear with a visible delay. Sometimes it makes kinda confusing trying to locate a survivor or guessing where they are headed because of this.

Comments

  • I'm so glad it's not just me being dogshit at tracking and someone else has noticed this!!

  • I've noticed it too. Theres been a few times I've hit someone, and they zoom off as normal, but scratch marks are non-existent for a second or so. Or when I see someone run from a Gen, you'll see the marks appearing after a delay. I get they can blame latency but theres latency, and then theres this happening on a stable connection.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    I've noticed it too. Theres been a few times I've hit someone, and they zoom off as normal, but scratch marks are non-existent for a second or so. Or when I see someone run from a Gen, you'll see the marks appearing after a delay. I get they can blame latency but theres latency, and then theres this happening on a stable connection.

    Exactly, it happens even where there appears to be no visible lag except for scratchmarks, which is kinda wierd.