I found a new killer movement bug. Nice!

I literally don't know wh this happened. I was playing Myers, got Tier 2 and 99% my Tier 3 really early. After about half of the match, I literally felt like I was slightly stuck in the ground, therefore, my movement was bugged.

Sometimes, everthing was normal, sometimes the survivors were the same speed as me, once or twice even faster than me.

I'm pretty sure it is FPS related, PS4 ofc, although it always felt like I had the solid 25 FPS gaming exerpience the whole match.

At the end of the match, I figured out that mashing your stick left and right fixes this movement bug. So spamming my stick forward and left and right is faster than just holding the stick straight forward. And still got my deserved 4k.

Thanks for the inconvenience!

Also may be related to crossplay lag. Pls improve, thanks for reading.

(Also, I don't consider posting this in the bug reporting section, since that is a ######### dead desert. Also, I know it won't get fixed like the 20 other bugs we had in the game for months and some even years now.)

Comments

  • @xI_Fabi_Ix said:

    I literally don't know wh this happened. I was playing Myers, got Tier 2 and 99% my Tier 3 really early. After about half of the match, I literally felt like I was slightly stuck in the ground, therefore, my movement was bugged.

    Sometimes, everthing was normal, sometimes the survivors were the same speed as me, once or twice even faster than me.

    I'm pretty sure it is FPS related, PS4 ofc, although it always felt like I had the solid 25 FPS gaming exerpience the whole match.

    At the end of the match, I figured out that mashing your stick left and right fixes this movement bug. So spamming my stick forward and left and right is faster than just holding the stick straight forward. And still got my deserved 4k.

    Thanks for the inconvenience!

    Also may be related to crossplay lag. Pls improve, thanks for reading.

    (Also, I don't consider posting this in the bug reporting section, since that is a ######### dead desert. Also, I know it won't get fixed like the 20 other bugs we had in the game for months and some even years now.)

    I'm on ps4 as well, and its not a dbd bug. Its your joystick. Idk what causes it tho

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185362/i-found-a-new-killer-movement-bug-nice

    I'm on ps4 as well, and its not a dbd bug. Its your joystick. Idk what causes it tho

    Can't be because I've had this exact same bug with GF, and my controller is brand new. Something triggers a bug that causes killers to become a snail. Rarely happens, but it does. Theres also a Hag bug where she can cause an unhooked survivors camera to be off-centre and cause severe movement glitches.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1564095#Comment_1564095

    Can't be because I've had this exact same bug with GF, and my controller is brand new. Something triggers a bug that causes killers to become a snail. Rarely happens, but it does. Theres also a Hag bug where she can cause an unhooked survivors camera to be off-centre and cause severe movement glitches.

    I thought my controller was defective when this happened to me so I actually bought a new controller (i needed a new one anyway) and this still happens to me occasionally. I don't know how to reproduce this bug.

  • @Ryuzaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1564101#Comment_1564101

    I thought my controller was defective when this happened to me so I actually bought a new controller (i needed a new one anyway) and this still happens to me occasionally. I don't know how to reproduce this bug.

    Same here. I've only had it happen a couple times on GF. I downed a survivor and pick them up but my movement feels as though I'm getting stuck on something. Even after the survivor is gone, the bug stays. But, DbD is a bug haven so it's pretty tricky to pin down the cause.