Disconnecting is running rampant.

3 back to back matches tonight with disconnecting. The first was a killer match with me as the Doctor, and a survivor disconnects prior to death hook (which kinda defeats the purpose 🤨). The second match was a survivor match, and a teammate disconnected once they saw the killer was Freddy. The third match was another survivor match, but this time TWO teammates disconnected.

I'm glad that the penalties are back up and running, but it clearly hasn't dissuade anyone from disconnecting. I play on PS4 and it's usually (for me) never this bad. Everyone that's been disconnecting has either been from another console or on PC. I may have no other choice but to turn off cross-play to stop this ridiculousness.

Comments

  • Xbox player here and I agree. I've never seen this many DCs and hook suicides. It all started with CP. It sucks but I try to make the most of the game regardless.

    I only wish there was a protection pip in store for everyone who stays in a game while others DC. I just don't think it's fair disconnecting players can make you and others de-pip.

  • A lot of these don't seem like voluntary disconnects. Had several games in a row where one or more got disconnected shortly after start. Was so bad I hung it up for the night, came back today and things are normal, not one dc.

  • I've gotten so many "network error" disconnects today that I ended up with a 13-minute time out.

    Someone sent me a message asking why I would disconnect while inside the exit gate, and I was like "...do you really think that was me and not the game?"

  • I've also so far not seen anyone DC unless they

    a) get downed/hooked first

    b) get two hooks in a row

    c) fail to loop the killer

    d) get hooked in the basement

    Maybe it's all just "network errors" but they seem to be pretty conveniently happening whenever a survivor fails at something.

  • @shelobster said:

    I've also so far not seen anyone DC unless they

    a) get downed/hooked first

    b) get two hooks in a row

    c) fail to loop the killer

    d) get hooked in the basement

    Maybe it's all just "network errors" but they seem to be pretty conveniently happening whenever a survivor fails at something.

    I think I had a total of 4 (maybe 5) network errors today, and I would say at least 3 of them had to look really suspicious from the other side.

    One of them happened as a Leatherface was picking me up, but a lot of them seem to be happening with killers that add a lot of effects to the screen; my PS4 just seems to start dropping insane frames going against Freddy, Doctor, Plague, Legion, and Pyramid Head.

    Ultimately I know that's not the core issue, though, because the last game that disconnected me was against a Huntress, so I dunno ######### is happening.

  • @shelobster said:

    Xbox player here and I agree. I've never seen this many DCs and hook suicides. It all started with CP. It sucks but I try to make the most of the game regardless.

    I only wish there was a protection pip in store for everyone who stays in a game while others DC. I just don't think it's fair disconnecting players can make you and others de-pip.

    Yeah there should be something in place that either makes the match easier for the survivors left standing, or at least be given a guarantee that you won't depip. Because in that third match when I had two teammates disconnect it was f'n ridiculous! The fact that me and another survivor were left to repair five generators was absurd!

  • @Dacrenon said:

    I've gotten so many "network error" disconnects today that I ended up with a 13-minute time out.

    Someone sent me a message asking why I would disconnect while inside the exit gate, and I was like "...do you really think that was me and not the game?"

    That network error has happened to a friend of mine as well. The fact that it's punishing players is yet another ridiculous bug that the devs need to fix.

  • @shelobster said:

    I've also so far not seen anyone DC unless they

    a) get downed/hooked first

    b) get two hooks in a row

    c) fail to loop the killer

    d) get hooked in the basement

    Maybe it's all just "network errors" but they seem to be pretty conveniently happening whenever a survivor fails at something.

    I know the network error is a legitimate issue, but like you players were disconnecting in my games upon getting downed or on their way to their death hook. So while I won't rule out a network error, it's highly unlikely that was the case.