Its been 4 years when are we going to have an obj
It has been 4 years when are we going to have to have an objective thats not gens and s**t hexs that break in 10s. And it is allways the same excuse for killers. Just pressure gens. How am i supposed to pressure gens. When all surivors do is gens. I have almost 3k hours in the game and it has barely improved i know things take. But not f***ing 4 years. It like they are almost afraid to add things that punish surivors anymore. Am i a killer or a toy because i feel like im being played everygame. just add some sort of secondary objective that if surivors dont take care of it starts to hurt them and i dont mean like pigs power. Like some idol of the entitey you have to worship every now and then and if you dont the entitey may reveal you for a few seconds or randomly block windows or pallets near you every so often. You dont even have to go that far it could just make you slower and action speeds slower untill then. But either have it at a fixed location or make it spawn far away as possible ( ok now that im off my rant. Would you like a secondary objective in dbd that requires you to do something tjats not gens and punish you if you don't)
Comments
There are matches I can barely get one gen done, so no.
I think that might have more to do with matchmaking. The matchmaking is bad, and ironically that's probably what's holding the game together so well as randoms tend to be a lot worse at just focusing on objectives. A focused team (even of randoms, but it's less likely) will get 3 gens done even if a killer quickly finds a survivor and instant downs them. I know this because it happened last night while I was playing Billy. On my very first chainsaw sprint I found and hit a dude, who was, helpfully enough, right next to a hook. Pop him on, start my next sprint, and 3 gens pop. I'm no expert on chronological forces but it sure didn't feel like anywhere near 80 seconds had passed, but I also didn't see many toolboxes. I guess maybe things just took longer than I thought? There was definitely no chase, I just happened to run into the poor man.
In any case, if they could do something to help struggling teams while slowing down more powerful teams (it's a party game, right? A casual game? Like Mario Kart? Mario Kart has tons of rubberbanding, as annoying as it can be for more skilled players) I think it would make playing killer more fun and less stressful. You have to play with a completely different mentality once you start hitting red ranks, and not in a good way. It's not impossible, and last night I just hit rank 1 for the first time (using Clown of all things for the last 3 ranks, so even on a "bad" killer you can still pip) but it just doesn't feel as good or as fun as earlier ranks. I'd almost prefer completely near-random (excluding maybe actual baby players, so everyone rank 14 and above maybe?) matchmaking, with ranks completely deleted from the game.
I don't need to win every time, and a lot of the time I don't even care about winning. But what I do want to do is actually spend time playing the game. Not loading into a lobby, waiting for everyone to hit ready, the 16 hour load screen, having the match end super quick one way or another, and then loading back into the pre-lobby screen where I waste more time on the bloodweb and replacing add-ons/offerings and repeat. I want to be able to have fun doing silly things like Jump Scare Myers, because doing fun stuff is so much more important to me than playing well. And... I can do those things, it's not like I'm beholden to pips or rank, but the survivors will finish their objectives too quickly for me to get any fun out of it most of the time. I WANT TO PLAY SILLY SOMETIMES. At least give us a casual matchmaking mode with random rules or something!
There's so much wasted time between actually playing the game, it makes it really unsatisfying when I'm finally in a match and it just comes down to 3-5 minutes of gameplay.
Even when it's "boring" like the last 2 survivors refusing to do gens, waiting for the other to die so they can take the hatch, that's at least interesting in some way. Hell, the most fun I've had in the last couple of days was having survivors desperately try to come point to their friends stuck on the hill so I could go get them off. I'd smack 'em twice, pick them up, let them wiggle off and then wait for them to heal (if they chose to do so) before counting to 10 in a corner before resuming the game. It felt... nicer than what the game has become in red ranks. Less hostile, or maybe oppressive.
I personally don't want a second objective but something like a DBD story mode
Then why cant i get a casual game i want to play diffrent killers but every game i do 2-3 gens done in like a minute and a half the game makes you feel opressed to go back to the killer your best at in my case huntress. All day today ive have maybe 2 casual games. I wont lie the broken mmr that went live was so much more fun than this i know yhey were new but i would like to be able to play killer and not have the game last 2 minutes (edit typo)