So why am I getting a dc penalty for a “Disconnection From Host” message?

I loaded into a match as survivor and about 35 seconds into the match my character literally disappeared and then took me to the end game scoreboard showing I escaped, the 3 other survivors were still in the match but I couldn’t spectate, and it showed the DC icon next to the killers name. I then went to the menus and had a DC penalty. Like ######### BHVR? It’s getting annoying how you keep adding penalties back and forth and then punish people for something they didn’t do or had no control of.

Comments

  • Yep. I hate D/Cers but this is why the penalty should just be removed. Lots of innocent people getting screwed over regularly. They need to back fill the D/Cs and give a bonus. The "quitter" BP is a joke.

  • it means you lost connection, I used to have that issue a year ago and adding people asking them if they got DCed too they told me it was just me, but it was because of my old trash internet

  • Why exactly do you think this d/c is not a result of your connection issues?

  • @TripleSteal said:

    Why exactly do you think this d/c is not a result of your connection issues?

    Because never in the 3 months that I’ve had my PC have I had problems with internet connection to DBD because I’m always on an Ethernet cable

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562796#Comment_1562796

    Because never in the 3 months that I’ve had my PC have I had problems with internet connection to DBD because I’m always on an Ethernet cable


    The very general answer to the original question is that both devs and other players do not quite differentiate quitters by the reason they leave a match. It is rather disappointing when you get kicked due to a server glitch, but this case represents an unsignificant minority of the whole sample of abandons.

    Most of the times, people leave either willingly or due to microlaggs of their internet connection (dbd kicks you out nearly immediatly when you lose connection to its servets). From the pov of other players in the trial both cases are equally annoying and harmful for their gaming experience, hence the dc penalty.