Michael Myers / The Shape desperately needs a new model.

I am a huge fan of Michael Myers and I have to say, that his model pales in comparison to the newer or updated models. I am not one to complain much about graphics, but his model in particular, for how simplistic the look is, is really underwhelming and in those 4 years it really did not age well. The mask looks like a knock-off from Wish. The body proportions are strange, you could count the polygons on his hands, his knife is the wrong, his hair disappears depending on your point of view. And not to mention his skeleton, in the post-game screen his walking animation is similar to that of Morrowind NPCs.

The only other model which is as bad as his is the default look for Laurie.

Since he has very little in terms of customisation, and the ones he has can be easily converted onto a new model, I think it would not be that hard to update his looks to match the incredibly detailed and breathtaking models you make today!

I understand that there is a customisation problem regarding the licensed characters, but since this would be just an upgrade of the default look I don't imagine there would be any legal problem?

Thus I would like to ask if you would consider giving The Shape upgraded model, if we can ever expect it to happen in the future maybe as a part of Haddonfield map update, or if you don't plan to ever do such an update?

Please, give us Halloween fans the true Michael Myers.

Comments

  • Apparently hes gonna be reworked eventually. Maybe they'll give him a new model when that happens.

  • well with the graphics update coming very VERY soon I doubt that they will leave him out simply cause he is licenced, it wouldn't fit their vision of the game so if they do need to make legal stuff happen i think that they might be already doing so or they might have already

  • walking animation was changed recently for the worse. I am comfortable with his current appearance, however.

  • @Pelagion said:

    I am a huge fan of Michael Myers and I have to say, that his model pales in comparison to the newer or updated models. I am not one to complain much about graphics, but his model in particular, for how simplistic the look is, is really underwhelming and in those 4 years it really did not age well. The mask looks like a knock-off from Wish. The body proportions are strange, you could count the polygons on his hands, his knife is the wrong, his hair disappears depending on your point of view. And not to mention his skeleton, in the post-game screen his walking animation is similar to that of Morrowind NPCs.

    The only other model which is as bad as his is the default look for Laurie.

    Since he has very little in terms of customisation, and the ones he has can be easily converted onto a new model, I think it would not be that hard to update his looks to match the incredibly detailed and breathtaking models you make today!

    I understand that there is a customisation problem regarding the licensed characters, but since this would be just an upgrade of the default look I don't imagine there would be any legal problem?

    Thus I would like to ask if you would consider giving The Shape upgraded model, if we can ever expect it to happen in the future maybe as a part of Haddonfield map update, or if you don't plan to ever do such an update?

    Please, give us Halloween fans the true Michael Myers.

    Just don't break his walking, like they did with the trapper.

    He had such a menacing walk and they make him swag walk D: