Are "chapters" that are lacking something open to be updated later?

This a question for anyone at BHVR, which probably will not be answered,

but if a chapter is lacking something that most have, such as Ghostface not having a survivor/map and Descend Beyond not having a new map (so far), does this leave that chapter open to be updated later on or is it final as is?

Just curious if this could mean that Descend Beyond could get a map, and Ghostface could get a map/survivor later on.

Comments

  • Well, I'm not from BHVR but I remember when Ghostface came out they said it was a licensing thing. Basically they have the rights to use the costume and thats it, which is why he isn't any of the killers from the movies and theres no Sidney or Woodsboro.

  • I don't really think of the maps as being part of the chapter.

    Really, there's just a few chapters that are missing an other half: Ghostface, Leatherface, and Ash.

    I can't imagine what killer would be appropriately paired with Ash.

  • @Azgard12 said:

    I don't really think of the maps as being part of the chapter.

    Really, there's just a few chapters that are missing an other half: Ghostface, Leatherface, and Ash.

    I can't imagine what killer would be appropriately paired with Ash.

    Leatherface and Ash are paragraphs, and I usually think maps are a part of the chapter as they are announced side by side at the end of trailers, when it says "NEW KILLER: The Spirit" or whatever, it also announces the new map.

  • @TheGhostofZgor said:

    Well, I'm not from BHVR but I remember when Ghostface came out they said it was a licensing thing. Basically they have the rights to use the costume and thats it, which is why he isn't any of the killers from the movies and theres no Sidney or Woodsboro.

    Hmm makes sense. That just makes me wonder, why leave it at a chapter instead of paragraph, maybe they're waiting for licensing on it?

  • @PassarinoT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1556701#Comment_1556701

    Hmm makes sense. That just makes me wonder, why leave it at a chapter instead of paragraph, maybe they're waiting for licensing on it?

    Also For ghostface didn't the guy who manages funland ghostface or whatever confirm something big is happening with gf in dbd?

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1556758#Comment_1556758

    Also For ghostface didn't the guy who manages funland ghostface or whatever confirm something big is happening with gf in dbd?

    Something like that, alongside that, SCREAM is getting a fifth movie in the franchise so the licensing shouldn't be completely an issue right now.