Early Game Tips?

Hey Everyone!

You've all been so helpful, so I thought I'd ask, what are your tips for the early game? I feel like I understand the basics of being both a survivor and the killer, but I feel like the early game is where I make a lot of mistakes, which end up leading to some very bad results.

So what should I be doing early game, as both killer and survivor?

Thanks!

Comments

  • As killer, know where the survivors spawn. Usually on the opposite side of the map from where you spawn. Perks like Corrupt Intervention and Discordance help a lot.

    As survivor, if you see a totem, cleanse it. And immediately hop on a generator.

  • It really depends on your personal playstyle & what perks you're running. In example, as Survivor if you're running Inner Strength, you might want to find a Totem before jumping on a generator. Also, the Killer almost always runs & checks the gens to find the first Survivor to chase. So if you immediately jump on a generator, you might be the one the Killer finds first if he comes to the gen you're at that is making noise. Sometimes I tap a Gen to start & then walk away to a different area, like a distraction. Sometimes, if I go into the trial w/out any item, I'll grab a chest to start. Sometimes if you spawn right by a teammate you can co-op a gen super fast so it's worth going for that.

    It really just depends on a lot of variables, like your perks, your spawn, your items, what map you're on, etc. Even what Killer it is, really. I definitely play differently against Ghostface than I do against someone like, say, The Huntress.

  • Objectives. If you're survivor side, get on that gen and cuddle it until either the killer arrives or you finish it. There's 3 other players on your team and if you all jump on that gen instantly, he's just going to find one of you so three gens will pop during your chase.

    If you're killer and you need to set up your ability (Hag, Trapper etc) consider perks like Corrupt Intervention.

    If you're not, get on survivor tail as fast as you can, and with experience you can down them quickly. Outside of that it's up to the survivors to make mistakes and it's up to you to capitalize on those mistakes.