You changed Ruin bc it "wasn't fun" to go against but now it's fun to look for totems all game?

inb4 I'm all in for strong killer perks but I, for one, feel like certain combos are straight OP at the moment.

also inb4 this is not against the Ruin change specifically, but rather how Undying combos will negatively affect the amount of fun in the game. As a survivor because it has the potential to be extremely oppressive. AS a killer, because it is completely rng based so essentially if they find Undying first you lost your build and possibly the game.

So basically the devs did a full 180 on the fun premise and made totems twice as hard to find. It's already a pain in the neck when these potato teammates can't find Ruin (or any other hex totem) once, and now you expect people to do it 2, maybe 3 times?? RIP solo queue, now on half of the games no gens will ever get done and when they do 3 people will be on death hook. Expect more DCs and people killing themselves once Devour Hope kicks in. More braindead NOED killers? Woohoo sounds like a blast. How is that fun in any way especially for solo players?

I honestly don't understand Behaviour's logic with these new perks. Yeah they're really strong, great but at what cost? Hopefully they'll balance things out once the new chapter goes live unless they want their player numbers to keep nosediving like they did this month.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Flawless_ said:

    inb4 I'm all in for strong killer perks but I, for one, feel like certain combos are straight OP at the moment.

    also inb4 this is not against the Ruin change specifically, but rather how Undying combos will negatively affect the amount of fun in the game. As a survivor because it has the potential to be extremely oppressive. AS a killer, because it is completely rng based so essentially if they find Undying first you lost your build and possibly the game.

    So basically the devs did a full 180 on the fun premise and made totems twice as hard to find. It's already a pain in the neck when these potato teammates can't find Ruin (or any other hex totem) once, and now you expect people to do it 2, maybe 3 times?? RIP solo queue, now on half of the games no gens will ever get done and when they do 3 people will be on death hook. Expect more DCs and people killing themselves once Devour Hope kicks in. More braindead NOED killers? Woohoo sounds like a blast. How is that fun in any way especially for solo players?

    I honestly don't understand Behaviour's logic with these new perks. Yeah they're really strong, great but at what cost? Hopefully they'll balance things out once the new chapter goes live unless they want their player numbers to keep nosediving like they did this month.

    Here we go

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1555094#Comment_1555094

    On the flip side, if the first totem you come across is a dull totem there's even less reason not to cleanse it, besides easy bloodpoints and NOED prevention.

    I feel your reply misses my point though. I'm not saying ignore Hex totems in favor of dull, just that Undying's transfer effect can be negated/limited by doing dull totems as well as Hex. If the Killer's using Undying and Haunted Grounds, two dull totems is all is takes to prevent a respawn since if/when HG is cleansed it won't have enough dull totems to move to. Alternatively, if you can identify the non-Undying Hex, then you can decide if leaving it up actually is a good idea.

    Also, question I haven't seen come up, do Survivors get a notification if Undying is in effect? Survivors are usually notified which Hex is in play when its effects come up, but I haven't seen enough PTB games to tell if it comes up with this one after a non-Undying Hex is cleansed.

    I may have not worded my reply as concisely and directly as I probably should have (I focused on a lot of not-as-important things in my comment, and I realize it seems somewhat confrontational and unnecessarily so), ), but my statement still stands that "It's stupid to tell survivors to do dull totems when the survivors are already doing dull totems and are then still pointing out flaws in design."

    I do, however, completely agree that there is some thinking that goes into deciding whether to cleanse a totem or not (eg. haunted grounds has triggered and then you suddenly see a totem near you light up; cleansing it then would just be trolling. Even then, newer players might get the chance to **** over all the other survivors twice with Haunted Grounds instead of once, which is a bad feeling).

    I'm not actually sure if the hex gives a notification, but it certainly should especially since it has the aura reading effect.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    wouldn't this make NOED more op?

    No because they can destroy the totem "Undying" to remove the effect, or actually be incentivised to work as a team to cleanse dull totems to prevent Undying.

    Also if they never destroy Undying then NOED has one less totem to spawn on meaning you now only need to break 4 totems.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1550677#Comment_1550677

    No because they can destroy the totem "Undying" to remove the effect, or actually be incentivised to work as a team to cleanse dull totems to prevent Undying.

    Also if they never destroy Undying then NOED has one less totem to spawn on meaning you now only need to break 4 totems.

    I know this now also look like that dragon grip be better tho it got cooldown but no gen tapping in chase anymore.

  • @CalamityJane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1551914#Comment_1551914

    Watching killers play all day the entire game is "attempt to cleanse ruin." Gens are literally an afterthought when everyone's already dead on hook.

    No perk should up to quadruple the value of an already meta perk. And it's not like you can ignore it and run the risk of Devour Hope. And it's a massive buff to noed, an already daily complained about perk, because now it's basically impossible to cleanse the dulls without having the killer on you all match.

    If you think that's the "appropriate value of a hex" then I'm very glad you have no say in balancing the game.

    I mean survivors have always said that the objective is boring and that they would prefer secondary objective. Hex:Undying+Hex:Ruin addresses 2 birds with one stone. It adds secondary objective for survivors called totems throughout the match and it addresses the killers early game and gives opportunity for the killer to contest rapid completion of generators. it has another side effect of fixing bad totem placements and removing the need to look into like 30+ maps of totem location.

    For reference, you don't actually have to cleanse totems, It is possible win the game with Hex:ruin being up the entire game if the survivor optimally does the objective and win the chase. Its also possible with all other totem perks but the other totem perks have token system attached to them so there is anti-synergy with Hex:Undying.in my opinion, I don't think there is difference between losing to Hex:ruin from gen regressions in comparison to instant down from Devour hope. The result seems similar if not the same.

    Thrill of the hunt, Haunted grounds and Hex:retribution are all failed iterations to try fix bad totem placement and make hex totems less risky so their interaction undying is strange. In some ways if you use these perks, there are are less dull totems to bounce undying from, in another sense you could get worst possible luck in cleansing totem and possibly activate multiple haunted grounds. I feel like its the nature of a killer running high-risk-high reward build where you could land up perkless as killer or end up snowballing really hard with haunted grounds.

1 2 3 ›