Fix the Hill Glitch and Eliminate or Fix Cross-play between Console and PC

a) The hill glitch that happens in both McMillan and Azarovs is extremely annoying. The fact that some killers take advantage of it and still hook you shows a lack of sportsmanship by taking advantage of a glitch. I am a ps4 red rank in both sides. I had to leave slugged more than 5 survivors so far who got glitched in the hill.

b) Yesterday I played with a PC Hillbilly who took advantage of the glitch and hooked the Jane. I have come across other PS4 killers like myself after disabling crossplay who have a lot more sportsmanship than PC killer mains and when the survivor gets glitched they leave them slugged.

C) I even let a Nancy escape who was the last remaining survivor in the map and the poor thing got glitched in the hill trying to get to the hatch. I closed the hatch for the points, let her wiggle out and open the gate and leave because I am not taking unfair advantage of a game glitch because it shows no sportsmanship as a gamer.

D) A lot of PC killers are hackers. I've seen way too many videos on youtube of people saying how easy it is for them to hack and now console players who have an FPS big disadvantage against PC players have to deal with that nonsense too.

E) I don't care if the game was dying in PC because only an estimate of 30k were playing daily. The devs seem to care more about their game than protecting the community and making the game fair and equal for everyone. The controllers are way easier to manage in PC than console and they have the 60FPS advantage which is huge for a PC killer against Console survivors.

F) In conclusion, if the devs want to establish console and PC crossplay, fix the FPS, fix the hitbox already, fix the servers, fix the hacker problem in PC and fix the glitches in the game!!!

*******P.S: I know not all PC players are the same. I am not generalizing, this is towards those who show lack of sportsmanship by taking advantage of glitches and exploiting the game**********

Comments

  • @Xbob42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/183169/fix-the-hill-glitch-and-eliminate-or-fix-cross-play-between-console-and-pc

    lol, your point on E makes no sense whatsoever. Concurrent players are NOT daily players. If there's 30k concurrent players, the actual daily players will be far, far higher. 30k is who is playing at any given moment. Since most people probably play for 30 minutes to maybe an hour or two, you can do the math. The PC version of DBD is doing fantastically well. And since it's hitting 51k 24-hour peaks, I imagine there's a few hundred thousand daily players. The game is literally doing as well on PC as it ever has been, maybe slightly better.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7SQSIVT5Z3OV/image.png

    Please take your misunderstanding of numbers elsewhere.

    Your opinion means nothing to me lol. Keep playing with your hacks PC player

  • @Peanits said:

    The hill bug is known and will be fixed in the next update.

    As far as crossplay goes, you are free to disable it if you choose. We are not trying to force crossplay on you; there's an option in the settings to opt-out.

    This post comes across as dismissive because it ignores the core issues that the person raises. Opting out is not really a solution to the problem. And the game currently discourages you from doing so with the message and warning that you may have longer queue times. You don't want people to opt out because it would defeat the purpose of the system. The issue is that you're not addressing why people want to opt out. I don't understand why the rush to implement cross-play, when there are so many other issues that need to be resolved first. One of the biggest ones I can think of is the lack of server-side hit validation. That's something there is unanimous agreement on.

  • @SpyDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1545920#Comment_1545920

    This post comes across as dismissive because it ignores the core issues that the person raises. Opting out is not really a solution to the problem. And the game currently discourages you from doing so with the message and warning that you may have longer queue times. You don't want people to opt out because it would defeat the purpose of the system. The issue is that you're not addressing why people want to opt out. I don't understand why the rush to implement cross-play, when there are so many other issues that need to be resolved first. One of the biggest ones I can think of is the lack of server-side hit validation. That's something there is unanimous agreement on.

    Exactly.. It came across dismissive and clearly the dev doesn't care about the obvious advantage of PC players against console.

  • @Calisto_667 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1546862#Comment_1546862

    Your opinion means nothing to me lol. Keep playing with your hacks PC player

    I didn't present you an opinion. Clearly you are a very smart and rational person.

  • @Peanits said:

    The hill bug is known and will be fixed in the next update.

    As far as crossplay goes, you are free to disable it if you choose. We are not trying to force crossplay on you; there's an option in the settings to opt-out.

    Tbh Crossplay has made any attempt at playing with less than a 4-Stack horrendous and turning it off leads to endless queues.

    its a lose-lose

  • thousand hours in the game and I did not see a single hacker, I have a 1: 1 range so I don't know, those videos are old, another thing is that you are Entitled console player

  • "A lot of PC killers are hackers"

    I've been playing for years and I think I've only come across 2 hackers one survivor and one killer.

  • Those saying "hackers are not common, I've never seen a hacker" - DC penalties were turned off twice in a short period of time and are still off due to hackers. They are an issue.

  • Why can't console players have the option to just play with console players. Why is this a problem?

  • @Peanits said:

    The hill bug is known and will be fixed in the next update.

    As far as crossplay goes, you are free to disable it if you choose. We are not trying to force crossplay on you; there's an option in the settings to opt-out.

    @Peanits I love how you don’t even say anything about the FPS issue that console has and how unfair it is to go against PC players that have better frames than us. Just goes to show BHVR doesn’t care about console players.

  • I've seen hackers. Just yesterday an invisable teleporting Ghost face down 2 people half the map away from each other with one shot. And kept appearing and disapearing in front of me.

  • I find it quite amusing that the complaints about "pc hackers" was almost non-existent on these forums until cross-play was introduced.

  • @Buttercake said:

    Why can't console players have the option to just play with console players. Why is this a problem?

    They should've done crossplay between consoles only until they finally fixed optimization to be balanced between pc and consoles. They won't add a console only option because more would opt out of playing with pc.

  • @Masochistic_Killer said:

    Turn off cross play or stop whining. Entitled console player posts are the new scourge of this forum. Your games aren't more important than anyone else's.

    And your PC experience is more important? Forgive me if I misunderstand you

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1545823#Comment_1545823

    And your PC experience is more important? Forgive me if I misunderstand you

    I have an equal right to non-######### queue times as any console brat. The "just exclude PCs!!!" crowd can die in a fire.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    your post is full of BS my dude.

    PC doesn't have that much hackers. it's very rare for us to run into a hacker. I've been playing this game since 2016 and have more than 3k hours and I only met 4 killers hacking.

    If you're going to youtube " how to hack dbd pc 2020 ". of course you'll find lots of videos about this.

    " this is towards those who show lack of sportsmanship by taking advantage of glitches and exploiting the game "

    Yesterday the hill bug happened to me and a console legion kept me there the entire game while slaughtering the other survivors and using me every now and then for his ability.

    see what I did there? the lack of sportsmanship has nothing to do with platforms.

    Also, If you're hating crossplay this much. then I have great news for you!. YOU CAN OPT OUT AND DISABLE IT.

    Why can't we just opt out of PC play? What difference is there to PC players? If console ops out altogether or just with PC...PC still wont be playing with those console players. PC situation hasnt changed.

  • @Peanits said:

    The hill bug is known and will be fixed in the next update.

    As far as crossplay goes, you are free to disable it if you choose. We are not trying to force crossplay on you; there's an option in the settings to opt-out.

    Not agree, why you not just lest us choose with Wich plateform we want to play, like if I doesn't want to play with PC I just click on the check PC and désactiver juste the cross plateforme with PC, sale with other plateform thank you

  • Yeah, I found that glitch and didn't realise it was a glitch when I was killer. I thought the player was disconnecting due to another glitch so hit, bagged, walked to the hook. Yes. I hooked them.


    I've been glitched as a survivor so many times it's vexing. And while I'm sad that I get sacrificed, I shrug it off as at least I got to keep the points I accrued. As killer I have been glitched out of good games and bad games. Had a salty survivor call me.for quitting and I'm.like dude, I was pixelating and teleporting to random parts of the map without teleportation powers.


    I confirmed the glitchy hill when a friend got stuck in it and I was like omg! I feel bad now. And went and got the killer to get my friend out. Killer got stuck! Yes, I felt bad about that and well... started the next gen tonight to end game collapse.


    The killer did eventually get put, and hooked my friend then didn't let me unhook them, but did let me finish that last gen and escape. I wanted that achievement. Since, I've been telling my friends to avoid the hills. Theres some you can't jump off of. Very vexing.

  • @Calisto_667 said:

    a) The hill glitch that happens in both McMillan and Azarovs is extremely annoying. The fact that some killers take advantage of it and still hook you shows a lack of sportsmanship by taking advantage of a glitch. I am a ps4 red rank in both sides. I had to leave slugged more than 5 survivors so far who got glitched in the hill.

    b) Yesterday I played with a PC Hillbilly who took advantage of the glitch and hooked the Jane. I have come across other PS4 killers like myself after disabling crossplay who have a lot more sportsmanship than PC killer mains and when the survivor gets glitched they leave them slugged.

    C) I even let a Nancy escape who was the last remaining survivor in the map and the poor thing got glitched in the hill trying to get to the hatch. I closed the hatch for the points, let her wiggle out and open the gate and leave because I am not taking unfair advantage of a game glitch because it shows no sportsmanship as a gamer.

    D) A lot of PC killers are hackers. I've seen way too many videos on youtube of people saying how easy it is for them to hack and now console players who have an FPS big disadvantage against PC players have to deal with that nonsense too.

    E) I don't care if the game was dying in PC because only an estimate of 30k were playing daily. The devs seem to care more about their game than protecting the community and making the game fair and equal for everyone. The controllers are way easier to manage in PC than console and they have the 60FPS advantage which is huge for a PC killer against Console survivors.

    F) In conclusion, if the devs want to establish console and PC crossplay, fix the FPS, fix the hitbox already, fix the servers, fix the hacker problem in PC and fix the glitches in the game!!!

    *******P.S: I know not all PC players are the same. I am not generalizing, this is towards those who show lack of sportsmanship by taking advantage of glitches and exploiting the game**********


    Solution to the Hill Glitch

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LGgu5dDMhA

  • Can we get a mod to just close this crap thread already? The OP is just insulting anyone who disagrees with them and isn't taking any feedback unless they agree with them.

1 2 ›