Is MMR still here or has it been removed/will it come back?

Title - I'm curious as to whether it's still here and if not, will it return?

Comments

  • It's disabled for now, since there were more than enough people who were getting the wrong fellow players. (Wrong as in not the same skill level at all, whether it was way too much skill or way too little skill.)

    They're planning to put it back in once they feel they can put it back in without ruining experiences.

  • The amount of Red Rank survivors I went against while playing killer last night on xbox (I'm Rank 16 killer), makes me believe they are testing it on xbox again. The one match was all level 1 players.

  • Hopefully they do fix it, I like the idea of it.

  • The matchmaking ratings are still hanging around behind the scenes, the issue was more on the matchmaking side in which in was making matches that it shouldn't have. Once the matchmaking is fixed up, they'll be turned back on again.

  • @Peanits said:

    The matchmaking ratings are still hanging around behind the scenes, the issue was more on the matchmaking side in which in was making matches that it shouldn't have. Once the matchmaking is fixed up, they'll be turned back on again.

    That's good news, I thought the whole MMR system was a great idea, does MMR still apply to the individual killers?

  • @MasonOliver123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1546333#Comment_1546333

    That's good news, I thought the whole MMR system was a great idea, does MMR still apply to the individual killers?

    Not at the moment, no. Right now the game is using the old rank based matchmaking. Once the system is turned back on, it'll go back to tracking each killer individually.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1546334#Comment_1546334

    Not at the moment, no. Right now the game is using the old rank based matchmaking. Once the system is turned back on, it'll go back to tracking each killer individually.

    That's alright, I like the idea of killers individually being ranked, thank you.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1546334#Comment_1546334

    Not at the moment, no. Right now the game is using the old rank based matchmaking. Once the system is turned back on, it'll go back to tracking each killer individually.

    This my be subjective but ever since the matchmaking was "turned off and on again" its been pretty solid. Will permanent/hidden ranks still be a thing in the future?