Nintendo Switch graphics - improved after the last patches?

Hi there, I own the game on steam and it runs great on my PC. I'm totally into having it on my N Switch as I would love to play on my TV on the couch. I saw quite a lot of reviews talking pretty bad about the switch FPS and textures but any video talking about graphics from 2020. Any idea or opinion on the current situation of the switch graphics?

I'm not expecting PC graphics, just a smooth gameplay chilling on my couch. I'm not planning on connecting my PC to the TV or something of the sort...

So, did new patches improved graphics, textures, etc on the switch version?


Thanks a lot!

Comments

  • I was going to reply to this last night, but I laughed myself to sleep over the fact that you're here expecting "smooth gameplay" from the switch ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ


    No but fr, I have around 700 hours on the switch version. Prior to crossplay, the performance was kind of meh, you got dedicated CONSTANTLY cause nobody has a great internet connection (with how portable the switch is, it brings a new meaning to Burger King Myers), and the graphics are alright but definitely not close to PC levels. After crossplay? Performance is extremely aggravating. But I may feel that way because I've been drinking from that sweet, sweet PC performance nectar.


    Despite all that, playing on the switch is a really fun experience. I'm not sure how you'll feel about it now with the implementation of cross play- I generally feel unable to compete with the high rank PC players I'm matched with when I play on there. Unless you have friends who want to play cross platform with you, turning crossplay off might be the move (not sure how long match making would be). I don't know what it is but I CANNOT win tight chases- if I have a close vault or pallet throw, I AM getting hit on the switch whereas I would have been fine in the exact same position on PC. Not at all sure what it is but I assume it's just the worst performance of DBD on the switch. I'm also not sure if a console optimization patch will fix that or not. If you prefer to play killer or play immersive, that might not be a problem for you. But I personally have been frustrated with how I am completely unable to win chases or have long chases on the switch if I go up against a killer with superior hardware.



    Anyways, long story short, I DO think it's worth playing, if you don't mind risking crappy matches here and there due to being unable to keep up with PC performance. The graphics are fine I my opinion. Frame rate is GARBAGE, especially if you go up against spirit (virtually unplayable if you go agaisnt a PC spirit, never have felt more helpless in a game lol) but I hope to see some improvement on that soon.

    Hope that helps!

  • Thanks for your reply!

    I think I will wait for a good sale or news switch patches. Do you know if the new graphics patch did something on the old models (on switch)?

  • @osardo said:

    Thanks for your reply!

    I think I will wait for a good sale or news switch patches. Do you know if the new graphics patch did something on the old models (on switch)?

    I'm not sure what you're asking here :v

    Graphics have been the same since I started playing in January, I believe? I'm not sure what they're planning for graphics or performance on the switch in the near future, unfortunately!

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1545285#Comment_1545285

    I'm not sure what you're asking here :v

    Graphics have been the same since I started playing in January, I believe? I'm not sure what they're planning for graphics or performance on the switch in the near future, unfortunately!

    It's been a while since I don't play it on PC. But I heard about a patch upgrading old models and graphics engine.

  • The Switch has some performance issues that weren't as noticeable before cross-play implementation. The Frame Rate is AWFUL. I cannot play Killer on Switch anymore. I struggle hard with it. PS4 doesn't have the best performance, but I can tell a difference. Even on the survivor side.

    I will say that learning skill checks on Switch has probably made me a better survivor. I hit a lot of great's on PS4 because I'm used to the bad timing on the switch which was delayed a bit.