Advice for playing with motor disability?

I won't get into details, but in the past month spamming spacebar when on second hook has become especially difficult and I end up dying on second hook before I can be rescued. Like, I can hit skill checks and the like, it's just the consistent button mashing that has been an issue, and while I have taken to just playing more killer, it'd be cool to still be able to play survivor especially as my condition worsens.

I tried changing the bind to a different key, but it hasn't seemed to do much to help.

I was wondering if anybody else has a similar struggle (eyy geddit?) and has found certain techniques to help. Idk, would switching to controller as opposed to keyboard and mouse be better?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I have a torn rotator cuff in my shoulder that's not healing...I use a controller when it's particularly painful or change the input to my mouse wheel, the mouse wheel scroll has particularly helped.

  • @Mandy said:

    I have a torn rotator cuff in my shoulder that's not healing...I use a controller when it's particularly painful or change the input to my mouse wheel, the mouse wheel scroll has particularly helped.

    Oh, I didn't think to put it as the scroll wheel! I will give it a shot, thank you!

  • You're welcome, I hope it helps you <3

  • You can automate it with a macro too, that's what I do