Bamboozle needs a buff

When I run Bamboozle, it is not because I want to simply block a window, but also offset the - up to - 1.2 second time differential in a survivor's vaulting speed. As it currently stands, Bamboozle at max tier cuts off a meager 0.25 seconds of a 1.7 killer vault time. This means the survivor still has a half-second lead at their fastest vault (0.9 seconds). And, if there are other windows in the area of the chase, it matters little if one has Bamboozle or not. Throw in an injured survivor running Spine Chill + Resilience, Bamboozle becomes laughable.

To strengthen this perk, I would suggest an 11/22/33% faster vault speed; and that it does not only block the most recently vaulted window. With the timer still in place, this should not be an issue. I feel these are not overwhelming changes, yet can help make the perk more meta and useful for killers that struggle with the ability to chase well.

Comments

  • I like this idea and I hate the fact bamboozle block windows, pretty much admit that the killer is a poor mindgamer

  • I wanted to bring this thread back to attention now that Hex: Crowd Control is a thing. Bamboozle should have a stronger aspect than Crowd Control that makes it worth debating which to bring. If it continues to only block one window, can it at least increase a killer's vault speed at a higher rate? Otherwise, there's little reason to choose it over Crowd Control, besides the obvious fact that it's a hex that has risk of being destroyed.

    Also wanted to clarify when I said killers above, I basically meant M1 killers (i.e. Wraith, Legion, etc.) - not killers as human players.