######### is this?

(All names have been blurred out, and reduced the amount of info about the person)

image.png

I was doing a few killer games with cross play, I play on PS4 and this person was on PC with his TTV as his name. My frames were getting terrible and I didn't feel like versing sweats as slinger today so I dodged and restarted app, but searched up his twitch in the progress. I was greeted by whatever the hell this is.

I've never seen stretched do that to the UI, its like he has super stacked shadowborn back in 2016. he could see over pretty much everything and everything behind it.

Is this just another really bad cheaty case of stretched or is this something else?

Comments

  • Maybe the latest update unlocked ways to increase your FoV through nefarious ways? This isn't normal though. Pinging @Peanits @not_Queen so they can send it forward to the correct person.

  • Look, as the community had already decided, stretching your FOV so much that the particle effects dont even register correctly is not against the rules because it doesn't give you an advantage. Also, being able to literally see over and around every loop isn't an advantage. Somehow.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Look, as the community had already decided, stretching your FOV so much that the particle effects dont even register correctly is not against the rules because it doesn't give you an advantage. Also, being able to literally see over and around every loop isn't an advantage. Somehow.

    The community the place where in a 4 v 1 game the 4 decided that the thing isn't an advantage, wack

  • Lmfao just pathetic how far people go to get an advantage. Best part is that these players always claim that it's not competitive and "jUsT fOr FuN" but then you check the streams and see the sweaties tryhards that exist and they don't even realize it.

    It's also 99% of the time Survivors doing it for some reason, ######### hypocrites.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Look, as the community had already decided, stretching your FOV so much that the particle effects dont even register correctly is not against the rules because it doesn't give you an advantage. Also, being able to literally see over and around every loop isn't an advantage. Somehow.

    I don't think this is just stretched, ive never seen anyone else that uses stretched have this effect on their screen.

  • Looks like bugged textures to me. I think this particular texture is used during the first stage of the hook, when the entity slowly appears.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Look, as the community had already decided, stretching your FOV so much that the particle effects dont even register correctly is not against the rules because it doesn't give you an advantage. Also, being able to literally see over and around every loop isn't an advantage. Somehow.

    What you see in that screenshot is not stretched. It's a public hack.

    You can't see over and around loops with stretched more than you can with native.

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536621#Comment_1536621

    What you see in that screenshot is not stretched. It's a public hack.

    You can't see over and around loops with stretched more than you can with native.

    There's plenty of proof that you can, including certain streamers who use stretched, claim its not effective, then proceed to see the unseeable.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536888#Comment_1536888

    There's plenty of proof that you can, including certain streamers who use stretched, claim its not effective, then proceed to see the unseeable.

    I've tested it and I don't need to rely on content creators who may have an agenda in a way or the other. I don't need any more proof, but I'm certainly open to see it.

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536952#Comment_1536952

    I've tested it and I don't need to rely on content creators who may have an agenda in a way or the other. I don't need any more proof, but I'm certainly open to see it.

    I think the best one is Ayrun, he tries to pretend it doesn't help by only showcasing it on loops you can already see over, then casually looks over top of jungle gyms and other wood-walled loops. I could be getting him mixed with someone else, it was a while ago I last checked it since stretching Res was made borderline impossible.

    Edit: Ardetha did a whole video on it and estimated that you could clearly see over about 60% of structures that were otherwise mindgameable due to normally tiny FoV

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1537044#Comment_1537044

    I think the best one is Ayrun, he tries to pretend it doesn't help by only showcasing it on loops you can already see over, then casually looks over top of jungle gyms and other wood-walled loops. I could be getting him mixed with someone else, it was a while ago I last checked it since stretching Res was made borderline impossible.

    Edit: Ardetha did a whole video on it and estimated that you could clearly see over about 60% of structures that were otherwise mindgameable due to normally tiny FoV

    I haven't watched Ayrun in a long time, but I don't remember him using stretched. I might be wrong.

    I remember Ardetha's video and he pulled that figure out of nowhere. He doesn't even show comparisons. I know he partially backtracked when Ussylis contacted him.

    There's no resolution that allows you to see over jungle gyms. Don't take a streamer's or my word for it. Just put on 1080x1080 and try it for yourself. It just doesn't happen, because stretched doesn't raise the camera, which is what you would need for looping. There are hacks for that, which is what it looks like in the op's screenshot.

    Now, stretched does give a significant advantage for killers in certain situations, but that's a topic for another thread, since nobody seem to care about that particular aspect.