PS4 - Plague Vomit Not Infecting On First Hit

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as The Plague in a public match

Step 3 : In-game, vomit on fully healthy survivor while in chase

Step 4: Survivor performs sickness animation, has green cloud animation coming from them, but no infection symbol on their player avatar in bottom left corner until vomited on a second time

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

  • Character played: The Plague
  • Perks: Do not seem to matter.
  • Map: Has happened on multiple maps
  • Once per trial, sometimes more often


Comments

  • Step 6: ???

    Step 7: Profit!


    Oops! Thought I posted this in the Report Bugs forum. Womp womp. Too many windows open at once. I’ll repost it there.

    I chased a survivor around for a little while after vomiting on them when I first noticed the bug. Their infection never showed up on their player icon and they didn’t become broken throughout the chase, but they did let off the green “fume” animations the entire time. When I vomited on them again, their icon showed them as infected and eventually broken. However, I’ve only seen it from the killer’s POV.